What is Wrong with the Army/Forces ID Card

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by The_Big_Floater, Jan 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why is it everytime you need to show ID the Army, Navy, Airforce ID card is refused.... Surely This is the best ID you can use but most businesus's refuse to accept it... are we as HM Forces still being discriminated against bearing in mind we can go onto 99 percent of military establishments with it and it is actually better than any thing that civi street can guarantee...

So why do banks BT ETC refuse it as ID :? :?

2. because they can amd will.

3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Because it's not on the list of approved I.D. cards the Goverment sends out to everyone

Write to them and complain

4. "The holder must produce this card if requested to do so by a duly appointed person in the execution of his/her duty"

Now do explain which part of the above relates to buying booze at a supermarket, getting into night clubs or providing proof of ID at the post office/bank/building society etc?

5. Cow

Cow LE

Boring.. The MoD Form 90 is a Military Form, not a legal form of ID. Why should civilian firms (some of whom do accept it, even though they don't have to) train their staff to recognise it?

The Passport and Driving Licence can be forged, I'm sure an I.D. card could be as well and does the MoD describe their appearence and security features? Not that I'm aware of.

6. It's not just military ID cards that are refused. I've had my met police warrant card rejected as a form of ID by a number of organisations in the past, yet they would accept a houshold bill?

Fookin idiots - absolutely no idea

7. madness! Had to go and buy fags for the missus at the local Co-op as she doesnt have photo ID, both of us are 23! Used my Army ID card as it was all i had on me at the time, the woman at the till refused to accept it i therefore requested to speak to a manager who also aggreed with the womans stance and i was told i must get proper ID to be sold.

This whole challenge 25 thing has just gone totally crazy! people are forgetting you can smoke and drink legally at 18! so why the hell should you have to show ID if you look younger than 25?

8. Yeh but why we are serving Her Majesty without it you cannot gain free access onto military establishments, so it must be classed as the most accurate ID card in the country 8O 8O

9. Lies.

I shown my ID card to the mod plod on the gate the other day and he let me in without any qualms.

10. Nonsense.

Why should they bend over backwards teaching their staff how to recognise varying forms of ID. I personally wouldn't want to be shoving MOD90's/Warrant cards in peoples faces on my down time as what I do for a living is my business and not theirs.

Get drivers licences and Passports like everyone else. Squaddies and Coppers aren't special.

11. Or an ID card that the person stagging on will instantly recognise because... They have one too 8O

Do you think they use myrrh to make MOD90's or something? They're just a plastic card.

12. Yes, but you're a cleaner and that was your your Sodexo ID :D

13. No drams fella I will pop down to my dodgy mate and get a false one and I am squared away, o by the way whats your name and address oh and DOB and I will be laughing...... thus the reason too much identity theft.... Sooooooo what is wrong with the army ID card :?

14. In the days of the old MOD 90, I used to have mine on a piece of cord round my neck. It got dhobi-ed so often at Posh Wash by mistake that after a time it was a clear plastic envelope with some sludge in the corner. Still used to get in Monty Lines fairly easily...

15. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

How?
    I had the same card from 17 until I was 27
    It looked nothing like me yet no one challenged it
    After about the first day on a unit hardly anyone asked for it anyway

Or is it because it's now the norm to flash it and then declare it a national outrage when it's not accepted?