What is wrong with British TV.....

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by The_Big_Floater, Dec 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As if it is not bad enough that weekday prime time TV is full of dog sh*t Soaps, the entire Christmas period is over run by them, I cannot believe that people watch this sh*te. And then on top of this eeery other part of it is run by reality tv shows that are just as crap, i don't want to watch a load of chavz trying to outdo each other for fame, or the old has beens trying to revitalise their non existant careers by dg sh*t.

What has happened to the BBC and ITV... My licence has to pay for this garbage..... If it wasn't for the fact that the long haired general has the remote stuck to her wrist it would be on the vast array of sky channels I am also paying for, not just 1,3 and 4......

I personnally think we should all put in complaints to these crap corporate channels and tell them to get a grip... I ain't too interested in seeing a bunch of cockney wankers, yorkshire imbreads or manc scumbags living in squallor and always in the shit... Plus has now one in albert square got a fucking washing machine, and are they all alci's as they spend more time in't Rovers, or Queen Vic than anywhere else........

2. That's why I read books!

3. and to pay my absurdly high fees.

I agree it's largely cobblers. Paradox: Bigger better HD televisions in people's homes - crappier cheaper shows on telly made by fuckwits.

4. With you there, I have bought a kindle and I am using it more and more, I might have to go back 40-50 years and remove TV and replace with radio 4 and a BIG bookcase, the kids can go out and not return till bed time and the wife back to cleaning, washing and cooking.....

5. That's the joy of an eReader - you no longer need the BIG bookcases!

6. Your wife doesn't do any of that!

But you can't beat having books. A bit of substance!

7. Nothing better than a quality first edition hard back, more weight and hurts more when thrown at the back of the wifes head, the wife being a serving soldier aswell usually means I have to put on the pinny and help out now and again;(

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

My bold - you have answered your own question there. Until you wimps regain control of the remote then the TV companies (corporations) will continue to show the crap soaps that the female seems to like. The more depressing the higher the viewing figures.

Before you ask, I have total control of the remote in my house - divorce is a great way to regain control :)

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Go here TBF Home - UKNova and pick and choose the good stuff.

10. Turn the TV off. Get outside and get a life. Play with your kids.

11. I watch all my telly on the internet. That way you can pick and choose exactly what you want to watch. The quality of the programming is still a shadow of it's former self though.

12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I don't have any, can I play with yours? ;-)

13. Cheers Ord, as usual you pull out the goods...... Hope you are having a good Christmas and hopefully we will see you in April..

14. Bin the tv and you'll have more space for bookcases :)

15. Errm.......think that sort of attitude might see you up at the Assize.