what is /was

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
They weren’t deployed in state sanctioned murder either, to suggest otherwise, as you have, is pure fantasy.
Maybe he has read 'The Nemesis File' :)

:)

I note the focus has shifted from GB to NI and from CIVPOL to the SAS. Deftly done.

Jeez, and there's a list of sources I provided for you eight posts above.

Basic English comprehension not your strong point sweetheart?
Wikipedia?

You're offering Wiki as your sole source?

Good grief.

I have no doubts many agencies were involved and in what way does it detract from the point I was making?
Point?

And what 'point' would that be?

That you believe that SAS action springs, fully formed, 5 minutes after these rather intense gentlemen meet up in the locker room and decide that some Taigs are going to fall tonight?

You offer up Loughall, courtesy of Wiki: that entry is about 40% accurate.

Maybe he has read 'The Nemesis File' :)

:)
And you also appear to have basic reading comprehension deficiencies as he is the only one who used the term "murder", not me.

Jesus, were you lot the special class at school? Did you need kept back a year to get beyond picking your noses and wiping it on your Peter and Jane books?

Wikipedia?

You're offering Wiki as your sole source?

Good grief.

Point?

And what 'point' would that be?

That you believe that SAS action springs, fully formed, 5 minutes after these rather intense gentlemen meet up in the locker room and decide that some Taigs are going to fall tonight?

You offer up Loughall, courtesy of Wiki: that entry is about 40% accurate.
Are you telling me that the incidents I cited, using Wikipedia as a handy reference, didn't happen?

Is that your issue?

And you also appear to have basic reading comprehension deficiencies as he is the only one who used the term "murder", not me.

Jesus, were you lot the special class at school? Did you need kept back a year to get beyond picking your noses and wiping it on your Peter and Jane books?
Getting a bit flustered there, Mike, what with launching the group ad homs about like a mad woman's shit?

Avoiding the question I see. Define what "in contact" means to you.
The point at which one or both sides start going "Blam, blam, you're dead!" and the other says "No you're dead, I got you first!"

As explained for the remedial class.

Feck me, but there are some decidedly slow on the uptake individuals on this thread today.

Getting a bit flustered there, Mike, what with launching the group ad homs about like a mad woman's shit?
Oh yeah, I started the ad homs here, sure.

You wanna go back over the thread here fella? See who got their precious panties in a twist because I made a simple, not terribly controversial statement of fact?

morsk

LE
No I will leave that to you. No doubt you're the world renowned expert.

Pull up a sandbag and tell us about how it was for you on the balcony, which number were you again?
That's right Son, put it back on me. Either have the minerals to account for your posts, or, stop dribbling on.

The point at which one or both sides start going "Blam, blam, you're dead!" and the other says "No you're dead, I got you first!"

As explained for the remedial class.

Feck me, but there are some decidedly slow on the uptake individuals on this thread today.
Right, so you've shifted the goalposts. I thought as much.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Jeez, and there's a list of sources I provided for you eight posts above.

Basic English comprehension not your strong point sweetheart?
You're a funny one you are.
I'd like to keep you to show to children.

Oh yeah, I started the ad homs here, sure.

You wanna go back over the thread here fella? See who got their precious panties in a twist because I made a simple, not terribly controversial statement of fact?
That your 'facts' seem to be formed from a mixture Wiki and SF history also tells me much.

That you needed to reach for Wiki in the first place tells me much.
The facts are the list of ambushes I cited, do you have alternative facts?

The facts are that the SAS in a concerted campaign over five or so years successfully wiped out the East Tyrone PIRA unit. Are you suggesting that this did not happen?

Come on man, get to the point, stop making cryptic remarks pretending you know so much more about the situation than us mere mortals.

Let us in on the vast trove of classified information that only you are privy to.

Your posts so far have been a series of non sequiturs, attempting to give the impression that, nudge, nudge, say no more, you have some deeper knowledge.

If you can prove that those ambushes did not take place and that the East Tyrone PIRA were somehow secretly arrested and are now living in safe houses in Hartlepool then tell us, otherwise tell me clearly and unequivocally what point you are trying to make that you think contradicts my original assertion that the SAS had no compunction about killing IRA operatives as and when they saw fit.

Make your point and make it clearly, enough with the sham special agent nonsense, it might impress Doreen down the Dog and Duck but it's just irritating here.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The facts are that the SAS in a concerted campaign over five or so years successfully wiped out the East Tyrone PIRA unit. Are you suggesting that this did not happen?
How large was your "East Tyrone PIRA unit" ?

Right, so you've shifted the goalposts. I thought as much.
Jesus, another one with the cryptic non sequiturs. What is your point? Please enlighten me, what point are you and the other clowns trying to make because you aren't doing a very good job of making it?

My point: simple, the SAS did not have any compunction in killing IRA personnel, they were not primarily a police unit, they were a military unit who were deployed to Northern Ireland (and elsewhere) and who had no hesitation in eliminating any suspected terrorists if the situation demanded it. Nothing bizarre or extraordinary in this matter-of-fact assertion.

Now, what the feck is the point that you think you are making?

How large was your "East Tyrone PIRA unit" ?
What is your point? Is it relevant to the point I made?

Please make your point nice and clearly and I can determine what it is you are getting at. Enough with the cryptic non sequiturs, get to the fecking point so I can work out why you have your y-fronts in such a tangle.

Jesus, another one with the cryptic non sequiturs. What is your point?
You've gone from:

Whacking Provies when you had the chance used to be standard operating procedures for the gentlemen to whom you refer
To

So, you've gone from sneaky-beakys being sent in to slot the enemies of her maj to soldiers will return fire when attacked.

Well, no shit sherlock, you'll have this one wrapped up before the tea is cold.

The facts are the list of ambushes I cited, do you have alternative facts?

Come on man, get to the point, stop making cryptic remarks pretending you know so much more about the situation than us mere mortals.

Let us in on the vast trove of classified information that only you are privy to.

Your posts so far have been a series of non sequiturs, attempting to give the impression that, nudge, nudge, say no more, you have some deeper knowledge.

If you can prove that those ambushes did not take place and that the East Tyrone PIRA were somehow secretly arrested and are now living in safe houses in Hartlepool then tell us, otherwise tell me clearly and unequivocally what point you are trying to make that you think contradicts my original assertion that the SAS had no compunction about killing IRA operatives as and when they saw fit.

Make your point and make it clearly, enough with the sham special agent nonsense, it might impress Doreen down the Dog and Duck but it's just irritating here.
You do a nice line in bluster, I'll give you that.

That you have never served in uniform is (unless you can argue otherwise) patently obvious: 'Let us in on the vast trove of classified information that only you are privy to.' Do you really think that I (or any one) would parade any information that we may have been privy to across a public forum, no matter how old it may be?

' . . . my original assertion that the SAS had no compunction about killing IRA operatives as and when they saw fit.'

And that absence of background is writ large by the above statement: those actions-the pulling of the triggers-would have been the final act of a long, long trail of decision making.

You have proved nothing and nor will you.

Though you you could have a go at writing FACT at the end of the sentence, I suppose.

Latest Threads