What is unique contribution of the UK in the World economy?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Apr 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Our friend Crabtastic asked me

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=31495.html

In this context let's collect unique British goods, technologies, experience that unavailable just now in other countries.

2. Salmon and cucumber sandwiches.

3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

[align=center]Well....I guess when 'Q Branch' discover the philospher's stone of energy production, the world won't look back. What do I mean, well....

H20 --> H2 + 0

or more precisely...

2 H20 <-> H30+ + OH-[/align]

[align=center]Did I hear someone say Ion Fluctuation?[/align]

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

...primary role in supporting the growth of hops, barley and to a lesser extent viniculture..... :lol:
    [​IMG]

5. British goods or technologies UNAVAILABLE JUST NOW IN OTHER COUNTRIES???????????

I guess, TV, Telephone and ac Electricity are only part-time in Iraq. But if they wanted they could have deep fried pizza, deep fried mars bars and the Krankies... (they can keep the crankies).

6. chips and curry, surely?

7. Blast you! We fought a war to prevent Iraq having WMD and you want them to be in possession of the ULTIMATE EVIL?!

8. Easy...

Its Britishness!!! Cutlure and heritage.

Its all the stuff that gets toruists in and sells British brands abroad.

We also are pretty competitive at running financial services in the European time zone, film special effetcs and compter game desingns - according to the DTI.

9. Stable parlimentary democracy in our former colonies and dependancies (Although I conceed not all of them).

A regimental based system for our Army units that have been taken up by amongst others, Australia, New Zealand, India and Pakistan.

10. Well we've destroyed or stolen most of the good bits of the globe over the last few centuries; we're still holding on to a fair amount of the cash, too. So we could be considered as global muggers...

11. Ringtones and reality TV?

12. Maybe Scottish whisky?

13. Revells

14. Hedonism is not something unique.