What is this?

#1
Any ideas you lot?




I actually know what it's for, I found it the other day and thought i would post a pic of it on here to see if anyone else knows what it's used for?

I'm just doing this for my own childish amusement. :wink:
 
#6
Its one of those clip things, not sure about the thing below it but if everyone else says its a pen who am I to argue? Never seen anything like it in my life....
 
#7
it's a pen and one of those thingys.........what they called again... :?

:lol:
 
#10
I reckon it's some kind of lanyard. maybe to attach your keys to so you don't loose them.

either that or its the control leaver restraint clip for the Thingumyboberyodumawhatdumaflip
 
#12
More commonly used to attach your clasp knife to your belt, but should be attached to the L1A1 if I am not mistaken
 
#14
Poacher said:
More commonly used to attach your clasp knife to your belt, but should be attached to the L1A1 if I am not mistaken
Very good, what is it attached to though?

Edited to add: It can also be used for the same thing on the L2A3. :wink:
 
#15
Picture not showing up on works PC.
 
#16
TheBigUn said:
Very good, what is it attached to though?
The stupid muzzle cover we got issued every Norway trip.
 
#18
Poacher said:
TheBigUn said:
Very good, what is it attached to though?
The stupid muzzle cover we got issued every Norway trip.
Indeed, you are quite correct. On the SLR it was attached at one end to the muzzle cover and the other end to the upper sling swivel. On the SMG it just clipped where ever you wanted it on the hand guard.
We rarely used muzzle covers on the SLR’s as most of the time we had BFA’s fitted.
 
#19
Just clearing my loft out and found the foresight protector (more like jumper protector), bayonet frog and said clasp knife, not sure what to do with the first two, fleabay maybe.
 
#20
Poacher said:
Just clearing my loft out and found the foresight protector (more like jumper protector), bayonet frog and said clasp knife, not sure what to do with the first two, fleabay maybe.
You could have put the foresight protector on here as a "what is this?" :wink:
 

Latest Threads

Top