What is this?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by TheBigUn, Dec 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Any ideas you lot?


    I actually know what it's for, I found it the other day and thought i would post a pic of it on here to see if anyone else knows what it's used for?

    I'm just doing this for my own childish amusement. :wink:
  2. So that's where the damn thing went. I had people searching everywhere for it.
  3. Its a Bic Pen
  4. looks like a biro??
  5. Needs billing as he's lost the top though.
  6. Its one of those clip things, not sure about the thing below it but if everyone else says its a pen who am I to argue? Never seen anything like it in my life....
  7. it's a pen and one of those thingys.........what they called again... :?

  8. Looks like the securing rope for a CVRT's engine decks.

    EDIT But I've just realised it's a hell of alot smaller than that.
  9. Is it the bit missing off the Penman trailer, the bit that makes the brakes work ?
  10. I reckon it's some kind of lanyard. maybe to attach your keys to so you don't loose them.

    either that or its the control leaver restraint clip for the Thingumyboberyodumawhatdumaflip
  11. Safety line for the issue skis. Just one of many, many uses.
  12. More commonly used to attach your clasp knife to your belt, but should be attached to the L1A1 if I am not mistaken
  13. It's a special trouser twisty for the RLC.
  14. Very good, what is it attached to though?

    Edited to add: It can also be used for the same thing on the L2A3. :wink:
  15. General Melchett

    General Melchett LE Moderator

    Picture not showing up on works PC.