What is this?

"Other Arms" bergen.

Only slightly more shit than a 58 large pack for fitting all your marching order into.

Use the ebay tag "AGC" or "RLC fatty" for accuracy.

For extra hiliarity you can zip on the normal PLCE side pouches, making your bergen not only shit but wider than it is tall so that it see saws about as you try to walk with it on.

About the only usefull thing you can do with one is to concertina the sides together a bit and zip them together making it into an almost usable but rather heavy daysac.

S

Screw_The_Nut

Fecking hell, those pictures have just brought back some memories from back in the day. Funny how your mind works, eh!

I remember that piece of shit. It's what the RAMC expected me to keep my curlers in in 1999.

I had kept my infantry bergan. Everyone bought infantry ones.

The whole point of that bergan was it was for vehicle bound troops and was designed to fit in the stowage cages easily. The idea worked in principle but you were fecked if you had to dismount, classic example of design and functionality without research.

The whole point of that bergan was it was for vehicle bound troops and was designed to fit in the stowage cages easily. The idea worked in principle but you were fecked if you had to dismount, classic example of design and functionality without research.
Only just mind. We received ours (7 Sigs) in 95 just before the IFOR trip. 3 man det on an FFR, 3 of those things in the back, no room for a bod, so I for one shitcanned mine and went back to my Crusader.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE app

They were crap, I can't remember when my unit went from them to the infantry bergan, may have been 2005 or there abouts, biggest problem was the width, they were wider than a relay back door when you had rocket pouches on.

STN, pretty sure I had one of them in Basic as well, was nigh on impossible getting your bouncing bomb packed away quickly!! Horrendous creation!

Latest Threads