What is this?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by theblindking, Jul 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I acquired this from a mate who told me it was a Bergan before I picked it up and saw it. It's been cluttering up the place and annoying the mrs, so before it goes on Ebay, I'd quite like to know what it is (for the correct "SAS, PARA, Marine, Airsoft" type listing).

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. "Other Arms" bergen.

Only slightly more shit than a 58 large pack for fitting all your marching order into.

Use the ebay tag "AGC" or "RLC fatty" for accuracy.
  3. Combat handbag
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cadet's school bag.
  5. HHH

HHH LE

6. Airsofters/TA lunchbox
  7. A modified, home made, fucked about with bag of some sort.
  8. As ever; informative, useful, amusing and bollocks in varying measures.

Thanks all.
  9. Looks like the old bergan we had in basic, hacking bit of kit!
  10. For extra hiliarity you can zip on the normal PLCE side pouches, making your bergen not only shit but wider than it is tall so that it see saws about as you try to walk with it on.

About the only usefull thing you can do with one is to concertina the sides together a bit and zip them together making it into an almost usable but rather heavy daysac.
  11. Fecking hell, those pictures have just brought back some memories from back in the day. Funny how your mind works, eh!
  12. I remember that piece of shit. It's what the RAMC expected me to keep my curlers in in 1999.

I had kept my infantry bergan. Everyone bought infantry ones.
  13. That's the listing sorted then: "SAS, PARA, Marine, Cadet All Arms Bergen, used by Army medics, Sierra Leone, Bosnia, Iraq Afghanistan, Swansea."
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Add 'hero, VC and kebab' and you've nailed it!
    • Like Like x 2
  15. The whole point of that bergan was it was for vehicle bound troops and was designed to fit in the stowage cages easily. The idea worked in principle but you were fecked if you had to dismount, classic example of design and functionality without research.