What is this WWII German AFV?

This photo was taken in early 1952. The troops in the picture were stationed in Hanover. It was a staged photo for public relations. I'm curious as to what the vehicle is they're inspecting. It looks like an SPAA type, but vehicles aren't my area of expertise. Does anyone have an idea?

Cheers,
Dan.

Mobelwagen.......

Here's another one. AKA Flakpanzer IV, apparently.

This photo was taken in early 1952. The troops in the picture were stationed in Hanover. It was a staged photo for public relations. I'm curious as to what the vehicle is they're inspecting. It looks like an SPAA type, but vehicles aren't my area of expertise. Does anyone have an idea?

Cheers,
Dan.

Canadian troops?RCEME?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

Staff I really think this is going nowhere until we can source new final drives.

Sod that sir, the bloody Kingos have put it on bricks and nicked the tracks.

Yes. All three are members of 194 Infantry Division Workshop, RCEME, part of 27 Canadian Infantry Brigade stationed at Chatham Barracks in Hanover, from late '51 to late '52. As the NCO's are still wearing khaki berets (rather than the navy blue ones issued that year), I would date it early '52, spring or summer by the wearing of shirtsleeve order.

Cheers,
Dan.

Yes. All three are members of 194 Infantry Division Workshop, RCEME, part of 27 Canadian Infantry Brigade stationed at Chatham Barracks in Hanover, from late '51 to late '52. As the NCO's are still wearing khaki berets (rather than the navy blue ones issued that year), I would date it early '52, spring or summer by the wearing of shirtsleeve order.

Cheers,
Dan.

I agree. Trees in full leaf and the shadow of the gun has the sun rather high in the sky, so the piccie taken close to midday.

Gun facing approx south and photo staged with a good quality flashlight.

Its a RCEME cap badge.

Full description of the photo is on No58 here:

Panzerwerks 1944-1945

Edit: the book from which those photos are taken seems quite interesting. Any idea which one it is?
Thanks for finding the site. I didn't know it was also there. I found the photo on the BAOR forum, where the son of the officer in photo, posted it. Like I said, it's a public archives photo, so it could be from anywhere.

Can't help you with the book, I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Dan.

Bored so went on a google hunt
Book is this I think

Fotos from the Panzertruppen book by Archer & Auerbach - Panzerwrecks

The author is Lee Archer, he’s done a few like this

Thanks, thats interesting to know. Will keep an eye out for one.

That feldgrau.info site is a good way to lose a few hours; it has the most massive archive of historical photos. Quite few rare ones of significant events/ equipments, and some very though-provoking and poignant ones that are just soldiers' happy snaps.

Latest Threads