What is this socks crap that is being forced upon us?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Biscuits_AB, Jul 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, you know those cotton or wool things that go on your feet?, the things that Mummy has embroidered your name, the days of the week and "Left" and "right" onto? :D
  2. I'm not sure either. I quite like the whole tie thing, but being a man who prefers sandals (or stilettos, in which case stockings) I find the whole sock thing a bit pointless.

Maybe somebody else can help us?

3. I don't see it being forced on anyone! Those people who want them part with cash for them; those who don't, don't! Very simple really, but why miss out on a chance to moan, eh, Biscuits...? :roll:
  4. Yep.

Ties is one thing.

But fu cking SOCKS?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? 8O
  5. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

next it'll be hankerchiefs and under wear and god knows what else! :evil:
  6. You lot whinge like bitches! :lol:
  7. Whinging like bitches or haggling like old ladies over haberdashery......

Beebs :roll:
  8. Vegetius/Biscuits_AB,

People like socks. If you don't, then stop whinging. You appear to have no sense of humour. I imagine you either wear none or dull grey ones. You have a thing called choice. Use it and don't click on the No 4 Sock thread http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=19037/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=50.htmland don't buy them. You are not being forced to do anything.

You strike me as dull.

9. Song, 6 words, the whole thing:

You can leave your socks on!
  10. Haha, beat ya to it. I banged out a no. 4 thong a few weeks ago. Got bored of it though - cut me balls up something nasty...
  11. I am manifestly not dull. I am a novice cross-dresser, for Christ's sake.

I just don't understand the need for No.4 pattern socks.

Now, a fleecy ski-cap in No.4 hoops would be smashing. Why didn't you suggest that? It'd go lovely with my denim mini-skirt.

12. They really need to be plain white or dark colour, knee high length, with the ARRSE no 4 stripe as the fold down bit at the top. Now that would go with a few things I think.
  13. i think it was the pink stripes that put the lads off, it wasn't "Rambo/Waltish" enough,

might suit lawstudent tho :lol:
  14. Veg, I'm really starting to worry about you. Did you take your pills today?