What is this socks crap that is being forced upon us?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Biscuits_AB, Jul 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biscuits_AB

Biscuits_AB Guest

2. Right, you know those cotton or wool things that go on your feet?, the things that Mummy has embroidered your name, the days of the week and "Left" and "right" onto? :D

3. I'm not sure either. I quite like the whole tie thing, but being a man who prefers sandals (or stilettos, in which case stockings) I find the whole sock thing a bit pointless.

Maybe somebody else can help us?

V!

4. I don't see it being forced on anyone! Those people who want them part with cash for them; those who don't, don't! Very simple really, but why miss out on a chance to moan, eh, Biscuits...? :roll:

5. Yep.

Ties is one thing.

But fu cking SOCKS?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? 8O

6. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

next it'll be hankerchiefs and under wear and god knows what else! :evil:

7. You lot whinge like bitches! :lol:

8. Whinging like bitches or haggling like old ladies over haberdashery......
    Hmmmmm......

Beebs :roll:

9. Vegetius/Biscuits_AB,

People like socks. If you don't, then stop whinging. You appear to have no sense of humour. I imagine you either wear none or dull grey ones. You have a thing called choice. Use it and don't click on the No 4 Sock thread http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=19037/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=50.htmland don't buy them. You are not being forced to do anything.

You strike me as dull.

GBTD

10. abacus

abacus LE

Song, 6 words, the whole thing:

You can leave your socks on!

11. Haha, beat ya to it. I banged out a no. 4 thong a few weeks ago. Got bored of it though - cut me balls up something nasty...

12. I am manifestly not dull. I am a novice cross-dresser, for Christ's sake.

I just don't understand the need for No.4 pattern socks.

Now, a fleecy ski-cap in No.4 hoops would be smashing. Why didn't you suggest that? It'd go lovely with my denim mini-skirt.

V!

13. They really need to be plain white or dark colour, knee high length, with the ARRSE no 4 stripe as the fold down bit at the top. Now that would go with a few things I think.

14. semper

semper LE

i think it was the pink stripes that put the lads off, it wasn't "Rambo/Waltish" enough,

might suit lawstudent tho :lol:

15. Veg, I'm really starting to worry about you. Did you take your pills today?