Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what is this mounted to an old satellite dish bracket on my new house?

It looks like some sort of mobile antenna but i'm not sure. There is virtually no signal in the area so i'm wondering (hoping) that it is some sort of antenna to help with that

photo5792073418441602739.jpg
photo5792073418441602739.jpg
photo5792073418441602738.jpg
8c0bb455-16e9-4ae9-9202-b54c7ba10b83.jpeg
burnsonfloor.jpg

Contact the previous owner. It looks like a microwave transceiver, Maybe, but why on a private house?
Am sure have read on this site, but some private houses still have nuclear emergency communication relays and devices still linked up, usually via a landline. Could that be a remnant from 1980s if it's on an old satellite post?

philc

LE
As others have said a form of microwave comms, any odd boxes in the garage.

Am sure have read on this site, but some private houses still have nuclear emergency communication relays and devices still linked up, usually via a landline. Could that be a remnant from 1980s if it's on an old satellite post?
The cable hanging from the device has been disconnected. So why didn't they remove it when it was decommissioned, unless "they" think at some point in the future it might be required again.!

It looks like some sort of mobile antenna but i'm not sure. There is virtually no signal in the area so i'm wondering (hoping) that it is some sort of antenna to help with that

View attachment 513069View attachment 513069View attachment 513070View attachment 513071View attachment 513072
If you don't want it, send @Robme a PM telling him you have located a secret 5G Covid transmitter, very badly disguised as a grey bodhrán.

He'll be there PDQ to deal with it... He has a good track record for this sort of thing.

1603020485630.jpeg

Its an Explosively Formed Projectile targeting double decker busses.

Hope this helps.

The mounting pole looks like a DIY job that may have had more mast on top... are you on a hill and does the dish point anywhere significant?

Latest Threads