What is this bag? Want to get a few more...

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by meohyeah, Feb 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Was looking to geta few more of these bags, but no nato number, etc in it - does anyone know what they are called or better still where I can get some from?

    Attached Files:

  2. Ravers

    Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    Presuming this is not the gashest wah ever, the bag you have pictured is the old pattern issue grip. Probably available from most surplus stores as it was issued to every Soldier, Sailor and Airman for around 20 years. It is available in a variety of swanky colours. I have a red one.

    It has now been superseded by this:
  3. Thanks for that, got the superseded one a deployment bag and the matching rucksack that came with it... Been all over and still can't find one of these.... people get confused with the old canvas/cotton ones one where as this is nylon or material similar to the new bags and is more of a holdall/tool bag as its small (about 45L capacity)...
  4. Ravers

    Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    The old ones are good but the dangly bit of the zip breaks off after 5 minutes which is highly annoying.

    I prefer the new one. It's not as solid material wise but quite versatile. I took two to Africa last year and they survived a month of being dragged around the bush and around 16 flights in various light and big aircraft with no snags or breakages.
  5. It looks very similar to one I have, and mine's Danish. I'll look it out and see if it has the same sort of slot for a label on top if only to answer the question of what the hell it is!