What is the worst thing you know about someone?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Cuddles, Jan 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the worst thing you know about someone? And can't do a thing about it?

Some years ago, I had an acquaintance who was very briefly an officer in the Gunners. He left, due to having technical proficiency and discipline nay responsibility issues. He was also an out and out racist. Ironically he went on to work in Africa...

One night while everyone was drunk, he told a story of his trip round Europe as a student. Drunk in Copenhagen (three words which anyone familiar with the city will agree go together well) he was strolling along the dock side looking for somewhere to sleep rough. He saw a bloke, equally drunk, staggering the other way who snarled at him in Asian tongue. Affronted "X" then pushed the chap and he promptly went into the dock. Sank. Never surfaced.

The next morning I had one of those, "what the f*** are you supposed to do?" moments but rationally there wasn't much I could do, as I wasn't a Danish CID officer and all "X" had to do was deny it. Yet to this day I know "X" killed the chap - or rather facilitated the icy water of Copenhagen's harbour in killing him. Does anybody else have a similar "burden" on their conscience where they know who left the tap on, the engine running, the DNA samples in the microwave?

2. I know of a bloke who's a convicted paedophile. I can't do anything about it as all I know is his username on here.

3. I once farted in Gutersloh and followed through. Had to dump my skiddies in car park. I've felt guilty ever since :twisted:

4. My mate Nige Holland threw some guys shoes in the sea who was sleeping on the deck of a cross-channel ferry.

It's similar to your "friends" (cough!) story, but without the murder, the bubbles, the icy cold water and the casual racism.

It was you Bubbs, fess up!!!!! 8O

5. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Well, I know of someone on arrse who's an accessory to murder after the fact, but I can't say who

6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I know someone who likes being SPS! :oops:

7. Yeah - we all do now matey. It was that Cuddles bloke. Pushed some poor fella into the icy cold water in Copenhagen. That's what I heard.

8. A lot of prick teasing on this thread already. Spill the beans.

9. you a sapper by chance?

10. No I was RAOC/RLC but even ATO's have to let one go occassionally :D

11. I've posted this before but no harm in doing so again.

One officer of my acquaintance was laughing so hard at a mess dinner that he lost control and shvt himself.

12. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Wah?

13. Not me I'm afraid! :D

14. Should you not have stopped right there?

15. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

My ex was dishing advice about mental health outside of work to a family whos son got a knock on the head during a car crash which killed the driver going the other way. The advice she gave as passed onto the son no doubt helping him swing the lead. He committed perjury in court claiming he was the driver of his car when he wasnt it was his 16 yr old GF ex was fully aware what happend...might use it to get her struck off :twisted:.