What is the war in Afghanistan really about ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dunstaggin, Jul 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I really do keep abreast of current affairs, but this war is a nonsense isn't it really ?

I always use the quote CUI BONO ?

For me, it has to do with the massive heroin crops.

Are our lads being used to protect the exportation of heroin by the CIA ?

Don't forget that we ourselves fought the Opium wars, twice.

Our lads were sent in to protect the diamond and gold owners in South Africa circa 1900.

We nowadays seem to follow the USA like a poodle. The CIA have got a bit of a reputation for drugs. Are we being used for drugs ?

The taliban hate drugs and used to hang the drug people.
  2. If you can quote Latin, then Google should be a walk in the park for you.

Or does your tin foil helmet and the CIA stop you using that site? Huh?
  3. What's the war in Affers really about? That, my friend, will in the future rank alongside other great philosophical questions to be endlessly discussed, like: does god play with himself? Are pigeons' legs getting longer? Did Hiltler really only have one nut?

So many questions, so few answers.

4. You lunatic
  5. To be fair, I have read Afghanistan accounts for 93% of the worlds opiate derived drugs, amassing approx 4 billion dollars for the country, the afghan president forbade the spraying of agent orange or whatever, the US oooh ok then we wont do it because the president doesnt want us to?
  6. Feck me,I never knew that.

When did pigeons legs start getting longer?
  7. Oooooobviously, pigeons' legs are getting longer so they can carry more CIA message capsules. And surveillance cameras for the Freemasons. And drugs, which the OP should stop using.
  8. A safe afghanistan would give the Multi natiomal oil companies accsess to the massive reserves in the former Soviet republics in central Asia
  9. Or even just the reserves believed to be within Afghanistan itself. Mentioned briefly in the 2nd link above.
  10. True, but these would take some time to develop, the Central Asia Pipline is already under construction and would be billions cheaper if routed south to the Indian Ocean
  11. Affers?

Fucking Affers!

Another shite abbreviation from someone who's never been there.
  12. Blair said the coalition would stop the drugs but in fact production of heroin has soared since the US and UK went in.