Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by MUTTSNUTTS, Mar 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have recently bought a beret which i believed to be a small crown one
    as small crown beret company seems to no longer exist but i have noticed before shaping it it still seems a little large any one still have a small crown beret dimentions i.e how much material to head band?

cheers mts nts

p.s i apoligise for another beret question
  2. .........................

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. RiflemanTom

RiflemanTom Old-Salt Book Reviewer

My one's approx the same size as my head. So, if you get one the same size as my head it will definately fit.
  4. Do they call you "pin head"?

Take your face for a well deserved shite will you.
  5. Don't apologise - just stop asking stupid questions!

If it looked a bit big then why didn't you buy a smaller one?

Edited to add - What Smudge said!
  6. Is this you?

Small crown berets look **** and should be used to choke the wearer to death....... for the rest of their life!
  8. Smudge, I'm not feeling the love, mate :D
  9. err... yes.... that's the point..... ;)
  10. Is that a young Jabba the Hut?
  11. Take a cable tie and close it on your head until it's a comfortable fit. Post it off and ask for a beret with a headband the same size. Job done :)
  12. There you go!

Attached Files:

13. A simple formula can be used to calculate how much material is provided per headband size.

Take your headband size and divide by 100 to give you the circumference (C) of your swede.

Next divide the C of your head by 2pi this will give you the radius (R) of your bonedome.

Then take a ruler and measure the vertical height between the top of your eyebrows and the top of your head (when standing), call this H.

In order to calculate the surface area (S) in square meters use this formula S=2piRH. Then add 15% to the figure to account for the flap and your obvious lumpyheadedness.

Please note the closer your head resembles a perfect sphere, the more accurate your results will be.
  14. i see my question was lost on some people on here just wanted to know if i had been supplied a normal beret as i suspect or a small crown one?
    it looks smaller not in head size but in material size to an issue one i have which looks like a helli pad but no where near as small as one i bought from Small crown beret company before the firm vanished that would where i would like to get another from.

just wanted some fairly sensible advice as to if i have been fobbed of with a civi supplied "issued" lid
  15. Well don't worry about it mate you're in the TA, it's going to look like it was shaped by a 13 year old Sea Cadet no matter what you try and do with it.