What is the point?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by lsquared, Oct 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having just heard William Hague being interrupted constantly on Radio 4, I am beginning to think 'what is the point?'

Our laws are made, and increasingly enforced, by the unelected and unaccountable monster that is the European Union - what is the point of our Parliament and the six hundred and fifty (redundant) MPs and the hundreds of so-called peers in the House of Lords?

What is the point of William Hague? - Foreign policy is now decided, when she can be bothered to attend meetings, by an unknown non-entity Mrs. Ashton.

What is the point of the Armed Forces? - Our Services now so reduced and 'raped' by Labour's mismanagement and deliberate destruction, that it is doubtful whether they could reclaim the Isle of Wight from an enemy.

What is the point of The Bank of England as fiscal policy is increasingly decided and directed by Frankfurt?

What is the point of sending billions of pounds of our tax money to be squandered by the European Union?

Most chilling of all:

What is the point of our Sovereign when we have Hermann von Rumpelstiltskin as President of Europe and chief citizen thereof?
  2. Cheer up Isquared - it's Evolution!

It was a cold and wet morning here earlier but I can see blue sky.

Let's walk together to the top of Hellvellyn, sing Jerusalem at the top of our voices, and then walk down to a pub and tell everyone how lucky they are.

On second thoughts perhaps just a pub.
  3. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

A one government world is the answer,no wars,no starvation,no thieving MPs,no Europe, Simples
  4. Great stuff......We could call it THE BRITISH EMPIRE
  5. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

I was slowly working around to that, it's funny how many ex colonies would not be too bothered
  6. Unfortunately you need a fully functional Army, Navy and Air Force to achieve such a thing, mind you we could always start with France again as we could take that with the current strength, just as a taster. Holland and Belgium would take us up until Xmas.

7. Given Belgium's complete inablity to form a Government in 2007 for a third of a year and the last 2 years of chaos. I suspect they'd be quite happy to be ruled by someone who's not French or Flemish speaking....;-) Might upset the Froggies thro...;-)
  8. Nah we have already taken them over and imposed English as the spoken language, outlawed the eating of amphibians and land molluscs