What is the point of health workers?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by UberSoldat, Feb 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fucking sick barsteward !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'No whitewash'

The hospital has confirmed its 2000 staff have since received training in spotting cases of child abuse.

But Dr Brendan O'Malley, medical director at the hospital, said: "The report was not a whitewash.

"We looked very carefully at it and we really considered that it was the processes that were remiss. The individuals now know very clearly from training what they need to do in the future." It's a bit late now.

Asked to clarify what the doctor who had seen Jessica just days before she had died had failed to do, he added: "When Jessica was first presented to us she was twitching and the doctor felt she was probably fitting.

"He felt there were several possibilities for the diagnosis behind this and he set a range of investigations in motion.

"He organised a chest X-ray and an MRI scan but they all came back negative."

"Other examinations were carried out, but none appeared to indicate evidence of child abuse"

These so called health workers need a bit more than retraining, they need to be properly investigated by a Board of Inquiry and then sacked. How could they miss something like this?????

2. It`s the same everytime a child is murdered,no one is to blame,up go the
    umbrellas,what the fu*k are these arsehol*s paid for.

3. Err...surely the murderer is to blame?

Before people start spouting off about how incompetent these doctors and health workers are, who here knows anything about paediatric medicine? I'm not saying that mistakes weren't made, but I don't want to start throwing criticism without knowing all the facts.

4. Not sure what they could have done when there was no evidence of child abuse !!

5. One would think that a pattern of injuries which ultimately led to death would register with someone!

My 2 year old has been in hospital for a banged head (enthusiastic bout of "trampolining" on the bed went wrong) and my 3 month old for rolling off the bed (1 month old and far faster and more mobile than something that size and age should be!). In both cases we were paranoid about being seen as deliberately culpable.

Every newborn has a health log - this should be stamped on every hospital visit and inspected at every check-up.

6. How could a doctor who has been working for 20 hours not see this? Or a nurse who has 15 or 20 other poeple to look after?

Its not perfect, but trying to blame some very over worked health care staff for not picking up on this one case is a bit low. How many lives did that save that day? How many child protection cases do they get a year, or a month? How familiar were the staff with such cases? It's kind of a complex issue.

As for doing their jobs, stopping sick fcuks is not their job. Making poeple better is.

7. No evidence?

Even though the poor baby was being beaten and sexually abused everyday! what a load of shite! read the report she had cuts on her face! ****ing broken bones etc... it's bullshit, there was evidence, but as always - back handers to make things 'go away' and when the shit hits the fan it's 'OH, but we weren't TRAINED for that' - just like PCSO's, A WASTE OF MONEY!

8. This is a quote from the BBC report :
    Asked to clarify what the doctor who had seen Jessica just days before she had died had failed to do, he added: "When Jessica was first presented to us she was twitching and the doctor felt she was probably fitting.

"He felt there were several possibilities for the diagnosis behind this and he set a range of investigations in motion.

"He organised a chest X-ray and an MRI scan but they all came back negative."

'Acknowledge mistakes'

Other examinations were carried out, but none appeared to indicate evidence of child abuse.

What evidence of Child abuse was missed - or do you know something we dont.

9. Read this report:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/northamptonshire/6152126.stm

you can't tell me that there was no evidence, there MUST have been evidence if she was abused daily, she had brain injuries, rib injuries - this is bullsh*it, are the doctors and health visitors blind, doctors see this shite everyday, are they so overworked that they can't see it?

fcuk that sh*it

fcuking cnut, this guy needs his hoop violently penetrated by a very large testosterone fuelled gorilla! even that punishment is too lenient.

10. My first response on reading about this was "Feckin health workers "then I put my brain in gear and thought about it. There was a case quite recently of a newborn child being taken away from it's mother because the Social Workers felt it was at risk while having no actual proof. They were in the wrong. Or were they. This is just the other side of then coin . Had they taken the chils into care on suspicion and those suspicions proven to be groundless would they then have been in the wrong? Being a social worker/health professional is very much walking a tightrope and unfortunately when they fall off the results can be horrifying . It's no use people saying they shouldn't make mistakes because they are human and working under pressure. Any poster who says they have never made a mistake is kidding him/her self it's just that all mistakes don't have the same results and can very often be covered up. I wouldn't want to be the one who said , simply on a hunch, that a child should be taken away from it's family.

11. fair enough, but 30 health workers looked at Jessica, even if there were 'concerns' and no actual evidence during the abuse (which is nonsense), it's better to be safe than to risk a child being thrown against a settee head first, wouldn't you agree?

12. NONE ! Except to consume my tax money !

13. Policy and Procedures and too many sloppy shoulders.
    With too many so-called managers managing so-called managers, have meeting about meetings, all taking up to 54 days!
    If on the other hand the one at the top got the bullet, then perhaps the policies and procedures would be in place tomorrow? Just a thought and NO golden handshake!

14. What I find disturbing is that after one death, we hear that lessons will be learnt. Then another death occurs, no one is to blame for not recognising a problem, and we get the "lessons will be learnt" excuse again. Will they learn this time, or do more children have to die