What is the next most likely war after Afghanistan?

#1
Considering that the war in Afghan could last another 20 years :roll: what do you think are the most likely candidates for the cause of the next war involving the UK on a large scale? How about China Vs. Taiwan, could we get dragged into it if the yanks weigh in? Then there is obviously North Korea making noises recently and then ofcourse the possibility of Iran/Pakistan in years to come...

Whatdya think? :?
 
#2
BornSlippy said:
Considering that the war in Afghan could last another 20 years :roll: what do you think are the most likely candidates for the cause of the next war involving the UK on a large scale? How about China Vs. Taiwan, could we get dragged into it if the yanks weigh in? Then there is obviously North Korea making noises recently and then ofcourse the possibility of Iran in years to come...

Whatdya think? :?


WW III, the war to end all
 
#3
Gren said:
BornSlippy said:
Considering that the war in Afghan could last another 20 years :roll: what do you think are the most likely candidates for the cause of the next war involving the UK on a large scale? How about China Vs. Taiwan, could we get dragged into it if the yanks weigh in? Then there is obviously North Korea making noises recently and then ofcourse the possibility of Iran in years to come...

Whatdya think? :?


WW III, the war to end all
Think the Yanks'll turn up on time for a change? :wink:
 
#7
Somalia sounds about right, but don't be surprised if the Israelis kick off against Iran. Only an opinion.
 
#8
Dollsteeth said:
By the end of Afghan we will be the 1st Battalion The British army so no need to worry about the next one.
Well summed up,. anyone who thinks the british military wiil amount to anything in the next 15yrs. best get a reality check...
 
#10
See where the US has linked up with someone out of expediency (eg Iraq against Iran; Muj against Sov). So either P akistan imploding, or India v Pakistan.
 
#11
BlueDanubeWalt said:
Dollsteeth said:
By the end of Afghan we will be the 1st Battalion The British army so no need to worry about the next one.
Well summed up,. anyone who thinks the british military wiil amount to anything in the next 15yrs. best get a reality check...
If Afghanistan ends then I would be inclined to agree. We'll only have Cyprus UN as an overseas operational posting. This will give the penny pinchers who see the money better spent on asylum seekers and single mothers the go ahead.
 
#13
lets face it... It could very well be a religious war the way things are going... and no.. thats not me stepping up onto the "Im a religious right wing bigot" soapbox....

Just a thought...
 
#14
See where the US has linked up with someone out of expediency (eg Iraq against Iran; Muj against Sov). So either P akistan imploding, or India v Pakistan.
 
#17
Lots of small scale and a big one, as above (Somalia, Pakistan in some form), but would probably add a Caucaus state or two to the list (energy demand is down, but growth recovery will rekindle prices and, consequentially, the Russian and sattelite state fuel security "engagements").
 

Latest Threads