What is the National Police Improvement Agency for?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Bernster, Feb 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As it is, they cost a lot, other people do all their work and besides a mountain of bureaucracy, I have seen no real change.

2. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Having had numerous dealings with their IT "Help Desk" I can only say that i have come to the conclusion that NPIA stands for No Point In Asking. They are just another costly bureaucratic white elephant choking the life out of common sense Policing.

3. A link may have been useful so see below …
    http://www.npia.police.uk/en/home.htm

Quote from their website ….

The NPIA is a non-departmental public body (NDPB) sponsored and funded by the Home Office. It is police-owned and police-led; with representation on the National Policing Board and an executive leadership drawn from the police service..

Looks like some form of QUANGO . I too now wonder what the salary bill and overall running costs are ?

I have never heard of the organisation and I doubt if they will ever be hitting national headlines with any of their achievements even though they seem to have some fairly senior personnel on their board .

4. They have been talking to us about our lightweight dyneema body armour that we have supplied to the FCO, HMRC & DFID.

They do a hell of lot of talking thou!!!

5. A quango to employ senior ex plods who have toed the NuLiabor line.

6. To employ, at tax-payers' expense, many Labour voters.