What is the main cause of the riots

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Aug 10, 2011.

?
  1. Social unjustice

4 vote(s)
    4.1%
  2. Policy of previous (Labour) government

42 vote(s)
    43.3%
  3. Police of current (conservative) government

4 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Big number of illegal immigrants

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  5. Poor state of the police and law-enforcement structures

24 vote(s)
    24.7%
  6. British political and economic system

17 vote(s)
    17.5%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Make some more theads about this, I dare you. At least this one doesn't have a newspaper link for once I suppose.

Seriously, do you do anything else in your life apart from trolling forums?

2. You're ****ing loving this aren't you, you throbber.

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Another thing, why the **** can't you keep this kind of crap to the countless other threads on the topic. Why start another one?

4. None of them. If you feel that you can support your points (any or all of them) then let's hear it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I just add the link... especially for you.

London and UK riots: live - Telegraph

• Like Like x 1
  6. Exactly, none of them.

Or even, a little bit of all of them ... except the "big number of illegal immigrants", as the vast majority of the non-white participants will be the descendants of people who emigrated to the UK legally, well before I was born. Which was a long time ago.

Plus (and mainly) sheer opportunistic greed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. There is no legitimate reason for the "riots". They are simply an excuse for thieving little scrotes and possibly opportunistic and organised "real" criminals.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Well, propose your own explanation, your cause that is the most relevant.

9. Re-read my post.

10. None of above.

The reason for riots was clearly demonstrated on BBC News today. One of the first scrotes to face the full might of the UK Justice system was sentenced after being caught looting. The 19 year old student, caught in the act with the stolen property was hammered with a massive penalty of a days prison. He was released immediately having been in custody since he was caught. Ooooh that will teach him!

So the clear reason for looting - the scum have no fear of the consequences.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Not the above at all!

Greed - they want something (else in life),for free

Power - they resent not being able to do what they want when they want, and will test what they can and cannot get away with

Excitement - there is no excitement left in ordinary things like taking on an apprenticeship, learning more etc. They must have immediate gratification

To feel part of agroup -this they cannot do in ordinary ways because they are disabled people, due to 1,2 and 3 above, so they leap at a chance to be seen as "belonging" to something

• Like Like x 1
  12. Oh come on please start locking these threads and lets get back to slagging of other things.

Simple they want a new mobile phone or 50" TV no other reason!

13. Yes, I see that you think that there are too many causes and it is hard to outline the main one.

But let's look at this point of view.

These riots were about race. Why ignore the fact? – Telegraph Blogs

Frankly speaking, my option 'illegal immigrants' is merely an euphemism to denote 'race related problems in the society'.