Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the greatest arrse post that you have ever read?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just from the Army Recruitment thread . . . .

Oh, I think that they used the same excuses, but it was evidenced by the prevailing culture of the time. Today they're educated, informed, and woke. Previously they were influenced by Rock-'n'-roll and alcohol; Rock festivals and cannabis; Psychedelic rock and LSD; Punk and heroin; Acid House and LSD; Rave music and E's. Now it's Coldplay and freetrade coffee with non-dairy milk, and smashed avocado on artisanal sour-dough spelt toast, the degenerates.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

ches

LE
Tbh anyone would be hard pushed to find 'the best' as there have been too many to remember. RTFQ still has one of the highest 'hit' ratios for LOLs. I've read his stuff with tears & snot dribbling down my face amongst very bemused civvy twats in an office on numerous occasions. Just reading that quoted dit of his about lagging all over the kitchen floor after boozing with his wenches grandpa had me in stitches again.

One of our best for simple one liner put downs though is another who's left us - snail would whip out some super stingers when some new mong was trying to act the cnut in the NAAFI threads.

BopBopBop

War Hero
This did it for me and tipped me over the edge.

What does Redshift look like?
1563908942094.png

QUOTE="Civvy Scum, post: 9409599, member: 78006"]
View attachment 405814
[/QUOTE]

I think, and I stand to be corrected, that once it has been published, other publishers are not so keen to take the book on. I know this is the case should a book be published on Kindle, but as for paper books, not 100% sure.
I downloaded a kindle copy while it was on Amazon so the Hard back remained pristine

Tbh anyone would be hard pushed to find 'the best' as there have been too many to remember. RTFQ still has one of the highest 'hit' ratios for LOLs. I've read his stuff with tears & snot dribbling down my face amongst very bemused civvy twats in an office on numerous occasions. Just reading that quoted dit of his about lagging all over the kitchen floor after boozing with his wenches grandpa had me in stitches again.

One of our best for simple one liner put downs though is another who's left us - snail would whip out some super stingers when some new mong was trying to act the cnut in the NAAFI threads.

This one?

Have just had the wife get out of bed and ask me what the feck I am laughing at so loud at this time of night.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Who was the mad bastard who pulled two slappers, and took them back to his hotel for a massive session of dirty sex, and teased us with a few pictures of
A a bit of a leg

B a shoulder

C the wall

while you lot gave him hints and tips and worked out exactly which hotel chain it was, and rang security, the bomb squad the vice squad, the Local Chinky to deliver and any one else you could think of to raid his room and spike his guns
I sat watching that unfold after a real rubbish day and I forgot all of my worries
it was a beauty

The absolute best thread was the one where Mike Golden was outed.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Who was the mad bastard who pulled two slappers, and took them back to his hotel for a massive session of dirty sex, and teased us with a few pictures of
A a bit of a leg

B a shoulder

C the wall

while you lot gave him hints and tips and worked out exactly which hotel chain it was, and rang security, the bomb squad the vice squad, the Local Chinky to deliver and any one else you could think of to raid his room and spike his guns
I sat watching that unfold after a real rubbish day and I forgot all of my worries
it was a beauty

I need a link to this thread

The Cpl Mason thread. Alas, removed too soon...
Anyway, a vote of thanks to StBob’s use of “undersink umbongo” which made me laugh. A lot.

Latest Threads