Well, incredible as it may seem, the fumes from burning plastic wheelie bins: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=44248&in_page_id=34 Setting wheelie bins on fire and inhaling fumes to get high is the new 'drug of choice' for teenagers, police say. The craze is behind more than 50 bin fires in Barnsley, they add. Anti-solvent abuse charities warn that inhaling bin fumes could be more dangerous than sniffing glue or petrol. Wheelie bins are made from high density polyethylene â composed of double-bonded carbon and hydrogen molecules. Burning an empty one releases carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide. These deadly gases starve the brain of oxygen, giving a headacheheavy short high. PC Jonathan Reed, of South Yorkshire Police, said officers were now looking at ways to lock up the bins. 'It is the drug of choice, setting fire to the bins and inhaling the fumes,' he added. 'The health and safety implications are terrible. It is only a matter of time before someone harms themselves.' Warren Hawksley, of anti-solvent abuse charity Re-Solv, said he had heard of the problem in Scotland but this was the first time he had come across it in England. In Scotland it was also known for people to burn bus shelters for the same effect, he added. Mr Hawksley added: 'It is a deadly combination. 'They can be breathing in a whole compound of different chemicals in the plastic and not have a clue about what they actually are, or what they are doing to them. 'At least with petrol the lead has been taken out of most of it. And there are controls to stop abuse of other substances.' What has this country come down to when young people are reduced to inhaling the combustion products of high density polyethylene?? It beggars belief.