Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the draw of being a PTI?

RaiderBoat

Swinger
Afternoon,

I’m from the US and wanted to ask this question as I have read multiple posts regarding PTI’s. What is the draw for this position? Please excuse my ignorance, I’m just curious.
Thank you.

Dwarf

LE
How do you kill a PTI?

Glue a mirror to the bottom of a swimming-pool.

Dennis the Menace striped pullover.

A lad I had recently been a room mate with got a order posting him to 5th Airborne. He hadn't requested this posting on his dream sheet, but he was given it, and that was that. He said he was wasn't looking forward to doing P Company, but he would do it, anyway.
"Are you gonna take off your PTI swords before you go?" someone asked him one day.
"What fcuking swords?!" he replied.
He did pass, on his 1st attempt, though, and ended up taking the 3 week pre-Para beat ups at 216.

Another PTI I knew at Lisburn had the Commando dagger on his arm. When he was due posting, I mentioned my room mate earlier. He said, "I've got no interest in any of that Para stuff. Ain't picking an airborne unit."
I then pictured the scenario. Posted to 2 PARA as a clerk (he was AG Corps), and walking around with his arrival proforma, his swords, and his dagger, the RSM tells him, "Pre-Para in 2 weeks. Make sure you're fit."
"Sir, I'm not fussed about getting my wings up. I'm quite happy to stay non-Para trained, and carry on as PT staff."
I would pay good money to see that happen.

Afternoon,

I’m from the US and wanted to ask this question as I have read multiple posts regarding PTI’s. What is the draw for this position? Please excuse my ignorance, I’m just curious.
Thank you.

It costs money to get into a gay club. They actually pay you to be a PTI.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
To answer the OP's question:

Mirrors.

kimmi851

War Hero
I always thought Douglas Adams had been conversing with a PTI when he wrote "does it give you a full and satisfying life? Stomping around, shouting, pushing people out of spaceships..." The Vogon stared up at the low steel ceiling and his eyebrows almost rolled over each other "well the hours are pretty good" (including the rest of it where the Vogon decides that shouting at people makes the job worth it)

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A good mate of mine transferred to PTI to everyone’s surprise. He wasn‘t massively fit or into rugby, footie or cricket etc. He definitely did not fit the usual PTI mould.

We all assumed it was just a way of getting out of the Marine Engineering branch. To be fair PTI onboard is an absolute doss of a job. Print daily orders and hold circuits on the flight deck twice a day, organise the occasional footie match with local teams. I’d do it.

Anyway he was massively into outdoorsy type adventurous training. Canoeing, rock climbing, mountain biking etc.

Last time I saw him he was running the RN’s AT place in Bavaria. Him and his missus living in a massive chalet up a mountain somewhere, taking people skiing in the winter and mountain biking, rock climbing etc. in the summer.

Lucky ******.

HCL

LE
A good mate of mine transferred to PTI to everyone’s surprise. He wasn‘t massively fit or into rugby, footie or cricket etc. He definitely did not fit the usual PTI mould.

We all assumed it was just a way of getting out of the Marine Engineering branch. To be fair PTI onboard is an absolute doss of a job. Print daily orders and hold circuits on the flight deck twice a day, organise the occasional footie match with local teams. I’d do it.

Anyway he was massively into outdoorsy type adventurous training. Canoeing, rock climbing, mountain biking etc.

Last time I saw him he was running the RN’s AT place in Bavaria. Him and his missus living in a massive chalet up a mountain somewhere, taking people skiing in the winter and mountain biking, rock climbing etc. in the summer.

Lucky ******.

Says the guy with a Ferrari.

:p

Latest Threads