What is the difference between LIAG, SGIS and JCU(R)?

I would like to clarify in more detail the difference between these units purposes and recruitment strategies such as LIAG states
"Suitable applicants will be invited to attend a Joint Cyber Reserve Selection Board, usually held over a weekend at MoD Corsham. If successful, officer candidates will then be invited to the Army Officer Selection Board at Westbury, Wiltshire.

Successful non-commissioned candidates will undergo a period of training and recruit processing under JCU(R) before being posted to LIAG."

Does this mean LIAG are the secondary to JCU(R)? I want to know if there is a hierarchy to these units and which is which, if anybody knows of course...

Thanks guys

2ndpreimage

Old-Salt
My understanding is that JCU(R) became the consolidated entry path so that all branches that had requirements on this front could get a look at you and you got to see all the different groups and roles. As there is so much overlap in many of the basic skills it also didn't make a great deal of sense to duplicate a very similar recruiting path.

There's also a bit if history here, the Land Information Assurance Group will be pushing twenty years old soon and their primary remit ostensibly was to do just that, information assurance. As such you wound up with people who did security first and all sorts of other things second. Fast forward to the standing up of JCU(R) the list of skills that they're looking for is based on a very broad need. If you don't do security first but you can do big data analysis or network design or you're a programmer then there is still work to be done (inferred from the JCU job spec).

So LIAG still do do AFAIK information assurance work and JCU are a feeder organisation for lots of different groups who have a need for the aforementioned skillset regardless if you're green, light blue or dark blue.

Hope that makes sense
2pi

My understanding is that JCU(R) became the consolidated entry path so that all branches that had requirements on this front could get a look at you and you got to see all the different groups and roles. As there is so much overlap in many of the basic skills it also didn't make a great deal of sense to duplicate a very similar recruiting path.

There's also a bit if history here, the Land Information Assurance Group will be pushing twenty years old soon and their primary remit ostensibly was to do just that, information assurance. As such you wound up with people who did security first and all sorts of other things second. Fast forward to the standing up of JCU(R) the list of skills that they're looking for is based on a very broad need. If you don't do security first but you can do big data analysis or network design or you're a programmer then there is still work to be done (inferred from the JCU job spec).

So LIAG still do do AFAIK information assurance work and JCU are a feeder organisation for lots of different groups who have a need for the aforementioned skillset regardless if you're green, light blue or dark blue.

Hope that makes sense
2pi
Probably the most informative first post I've seen on arrse..

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Very much appreciated for the response. As Maukjf states definitely one of the most informative posts. Cheers

Latest Threads