What is the Defence College of Policing and Guarding like?

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Ihavejamonmyjeans, Feb 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, I just have a few questions about DCPG. I see that it's in partnership with the university of Teesside but can't find any specifics about the syllabus, the instructors or the living arrangements (I believe it's tri service)? Any feedback from any soldiers who have attended, would be great. Cheers :)

2. It's like any other phase 2 training centre - except you learn the basics about military and civilian criminal offences and how to investigate them.

3. 1. Do you gain any qualifications/accreditations, and do you gain a category B driving licence?

2. Where are your living areas, who do you share with and who is in command of you?

3. Who are the instructors, are they civilians or are they military/MOD personel?

4. What is the PT like, do you have access to gym facilities?

5. Is the college part of the university infrastructure or is it another building in a completely different area?

4. Whether you retain that knowledge on departure however, is another question.

5. it has a nice swimming pool, golf course, and a gym, which, since it was originally a Navy base, is hardly used ;)

6. It may have been hardly used in the past due to being originally HMS Dryad, BUT now it's Tri-Service Southwick Park it's a busy establishment & well used by all those employed there, it might be worth giving the Guardroom a call for any info if you get no joy elswhere on the forum ref your questions my friend

7. What is it like? The analogy would be it is akin to a snake pit full of vipers if you catch my drift.

8. errgh no i dont!

9. That explains quite a lot.

10. does anyone know the intakes at DCPG this year??