What is the correct title?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by boris7, May 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is this the correct title for 7RHA or 7 Para (RHA)....having a bet and wondering which is correct.....any advice ?
  2. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I'd put money on 7RHA as the formal NATO-recognised title. They are RHA who happen to be Para, not Parachute Regiment, so I'd suggest more correct would be 7 (Para) RHA, but personally I'd only expect to see the sobriquet "Para" in an expanded title.

But I know nothing.
  3. I did meet some guys from 2 & 3 Para recently, and they mentioned the title should be just 7RHA!!!
  4. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Used ot just be referred to a 7RHA when they took over from 4 Field.
  5. 7 RHA was officialy re-titled 7th Parachute Regiment Royal Horse Artillery in 1987*, so the "Parachute" part is indeed part of the title, and "7 Para RHA" is the correct abbreviation.

"7 RHA" (and sometimes "7 Para") happens to roll off the tongue better, and so is in common use.

(the then- adjutant John Murphy had the honour of being first to use the title when calling the "re-naming parade" to attention after the CO had made the announcement. If anyone is old enough to remember that day... )
  6. Thanks... 4(T) for the info
  7. Anyone remember 33 Para Regt RA ?
  8. my mates ex 7RHA and he calls it 7para, but every badged para ive met calls them 7RHA
  9. 33rd!!!!!!!!!!!! If you can remember them then you must be drawing your old age pension as well :D ........ A lot of the 7th guys in early 1960's were ex 33rd
  10. id never expect a para regt bloke to call us 7 Para RHA, just as i call them 2 or 3 bn!!!! correct me if im wrong but it went from 7 para rha, then to 7rha, then back to 7 para rha??? and '7 Para' that does my bloody head in thats not our name
  11. Interesting.!!..as a STAB I was 562 Para Sq.(RCT)..PCoy was certainly the first important milestone..all else came later..!!..but that was in 1974..!!