What is the carbine...???

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by spike7451, Dec 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Been watching Stargate on TV & I've been wondering what the carbine used by the actors is? I think it's a H&K design with a horizontal 9mm? mag on the topslide & it was a experimental design?
    Anyone any gen on it??
  2. Stoaty, you spotter! :lol:
  3. moi???

(removes anorak)
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Cheers chaps (and Dozy)
  5. Being even more of a spotter than Stoat I should point out that they even call it a P90 on the show.
  6. More spotterish: It's not a carbine as such, it's a Personal Defence Weapon, same as the H&K MP7.
  7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

that's probably why i thought it was H&K.
  8. Wow. Spotter squared! Not only the intensely anorakoid weapons knowledge we have come to know and love- but an admission of watching Stargate!

9. Heh, Instead of Mr/miss Arrse, how about an "ARRSE top spotter" competition...

10. It'll be hard fought, the number of geeks on here, though I think that we all agree that the uber-geek is DARTH DOCTRINUS ! :p
  11. Geek and Spotter are, I belive, slightly different creatures...
  12. Is that a geek factoid, Listy? :lol:
  13. I'm a geek, I know i am.
    I've got a LAN party tonight for example...
  14. PDW (personal defence weapon) fancy way of saying a SMG (sub machine gun) or MP (machine pistol) for marketing purposes

the P90 has been around for a few years now, its not sold much, the saudis bought a few, and there were claims in the saud press there was backhanders and dodgy dealing involved to make an internatinal sale,

i have read and been informed that because of the design of the P90, if you try and do a magazine change when the previous mag isnt fully empty it leaves a round in the system and a stoppage will occur when a new full mag is placed in weapon. i have no idea of the truth in this, and it may be another internet gun myth.
    i have never seen or played with one, so i have no clue how the stumpy little plastic thing works.
    5.7x28, looking at the ballistics it looks like a good round for stopping a suicide rabbit or a rampaging rabid squirrel

BTW wot de fuks a 'stargate'????