What is the carbine...???

Been watching Stargate on TV & I've been wondering what the carbine used by the actors is? I think it's a H&K design with a horizontal 9mm? mag on the topslide & it was a experimental design?
Anyone any gen on it??
Cheers,
Spike

Steamywindow said:
Wow. Spotter squared! Not only the intensely anorakoid weapons knowledge we have come to know and love- but an admission of watching Stargate!

:)
Heh, Instead of Mr/miss Arrse, how about an "ARRSE top spotter" competition...

:lol:

PDW (personal defence weapon) fancy way of saying a SMG (sub machine gun) or MP (machine pistol) for marketing purposes

the P90 has been around for a few years now, its not sold much, the saudis bought a few, and there were claims in the saud press there was backhanders and dodgy dealing involved to make an internatinal sale,

i have read and been informed that because of the design of the P90, if you try and do a magazine change when the previous mag isnt fully empty it leaves a round in the system and a stoppage will occur when a new full mag is placed in weapon. i have no idea of the truth in this, and it may be another internet gun myth.
i have never seen or played with one, so i have no clue how the stumpy little plastic thing works.
5.7x28, looking at the ballistics it looks like a good round for stopping a suicide rabbit or a rampaging rabid squirrel

BTW wot de fuks a 'stargate'????

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
DrStealth said:
PDW (personal defence weapon) fancy way of saying a SMG (sub machine gun) or MP (machine pistol) for marketing purposes

the P90 has been around for a few years now, its not sold much, the saudis bought a few, and there were claims in the saud press there was backhanders and dodgy dealing involved to make an internatinal sale,

Dr S, I am shocked and appalled that you can even countenance such a claim ! (I'm sure even thinking about it must be against one of Bliar's new laws.)

Jundies involved in graft ? Piffle !
The very thought ! :roll:

DrStealth said:
BTW wot de fuks a 'stargate'????
Seconded.

Ahh Miss Amanda Tapping..

BTW: for to sad bugger geek points I didn't even need to look it up...

I need to get out more (and you can stop nodding Stabw@nker).

Ok, going for the jackpot now... in the first season or two of SG1 they did actualy use H&K MP5s.

(Can't ay that I'm a Stargate fan, but given the choice between that, some tedious soap, "reality" TV or football SG1 gets my vote, it bears more resemblence to reality than the first two and is less overproduced than the last one.)

Latest Threads