What is the blingy medal in this family set?

Jono794

Old-Salt
Just wondered what the blingy medal is on the right?
These are family gongs.
The French Croix de Guerre has been mentioned in the past but when I google it, I get another medal with crooed swords and green/red ribbon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jono794

Old-Salt
'Crooed' swords....should read 'Crossed'.

1914 - 18 Belgian war cross.

http://www.medals.org.uk/belgium/belgium014.htm

Kingdom of Belgium: War Cross 1914-18
Croix de guerre
Oorlogskruis

Ribbon: Red with green edge stripes and 3 central green stripes.

belgium118.gif

Instituted: 25 October 1915.

Awarded: For acts of bravery, three or more years of frontline service, good conduct on the battlefield, 18 months of service by volunteers under 16 or over 40, and to prisoners of war who escaped.

belgium052.jpg
belgium053.jpg

World Medals IndexText ListRibbon ChartReferences
Page last updated: 28 December 2012

Good looking ribbons. When I inherited my G-Grandads GWM & VM the ribbons were beyond saving - that said the Regi Tailoress at 1 RIFLES did a smashing job putting new ribbon on them and they look the Biz in their frame

Jono794

Old-Salt
Belgian, not French......thats where I'm going wrong. Supposedly awarded for Arras in 1917.

All original ribbons? Comes with a Death Penny/Box some sort of unit award card, photos, postcards.
Thanks for your help, lads. These belonged to my old man and have come to me with his collection, though these are distant family medals, of which we have quite a few given over the years. I have yet to go through all of the research he put together.
I was thinking of getting them (and others) mounted by the shop my old man used, he has had a few framed.
These are named to, 702 Lance Corporal Charles R Cartright, a Chum 10th Lincolns KIA 16/18th August, 1918.
He, like me, collected Lincolns, my area is more South Atlantic Medal, of which I have a few, now...........thats the one and only I managed to wangle in my time of service.