What is the best triple mag pouch for Virtus?

Easy question aimed at those who know better than I do:

1. A friend I know who is serving, but was a young lad in the old days of DPM would like a triple mag pouch on the front of their new fangled Virtus vest - one of the ones that has the bungees to hold the mags in rather than the issue pouches that have flaps (they are on his webbing belt). He notes that the Virtus vest has 7 molle loops across, whereas most of the triple pouches have 6 straps - would this make it mount squiffy? What is the best triple mag pouch to go for?

2. What is the going rate for 4 x polymer mags with magpuls? Are they worth the dough over the issue metal mags?

My pal says thanks in advance.

Easy question aimed at those who know better than I do:

1. A friend I know who is serving, but was a young lad in the old days of DPM would like a triple mag pouch on the front of their new fangled Virtus vest - one of the ones that has the bungees to hold the mags in rather than the issue pouches that have flaps (they are on his webbing belt). He notes that the Virtus vest has 7 molle loops across, whereas most of the triple pouches have 6 straps - would this make it mount squiffy? What is the best triple mag pouch to go for?

2. What is the going rate for 4 x polymer mags with magpuls? Are they worth the dough over the issue metal mags?

My pal says thanks in advance.
Issue mags are polymer now. Not seen a metal one since 2012, magpuls I thought were a bit of a fad tbh.
Can he tap up someone with an old osprey issue? The pouches you described were included in the bag of ancils.

Issue mags are polymer now. Not seen a metal one since 2012, magpuls I thought were a bit of a fad tbh.
Can he tap up someone with an old osprey issue? The pouches you described were included in the bag of ancils.
All of his friends are equally as old and out of touch - he may need to tap up one of his younger Infantry pals...

Cheap and cheerful condor triple mag pouch will do the job. Available in multicam, and coyote.

Nomad1382

War Hero
Cheap and cheerful condor triple mag pouch will do the job. Available in multicam, and coyote.
And Tactical Tailor does good work, I have one their pouches. The guy who started it was an Army vet, got tired of crap equipment and started making his own...then making it for buddies and so on. Sadly the founder died a few years ago but I believe it's his brother running things now.

I just wonder if the OP's 'friend' is looking for equipment like this:

Attachments

• 744E8C71-DC76-424A-A641-D4D6447B6306.jpeg
    744E8C71-DC76-424A-A641-D4D6447B6306.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 2

Latest Threads