Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the Air Assault Manoeuvre Battle group - 3 PARA?

Whilst continuing to research the Parachute Regiment I note that 3 PARA took over as the Air Manoeuvre Battle Group for 16 AA last week. What exactly does this mean? Is this the very high readiness cycle that a battalion holds for 12 months or am I missing the mark here?

Also does this mean in order to be the “on duty” battalion as part of the UK Global Reaction Force they cannot deploy on any exercises or outside of the UK? I assume 2 PARA go onto a cycle of training and exercises whilst 3 PARA is on Air Manoeuvre BG ?

Thanks in advance. I have a POIC booked and awaiting RMAS start date.

AMBG 1 is (usually) on R1 (a Coy+ and PP at 48 hrs NTM) and R2 (Bn- plus other support elements at 5 Days NTM*.

AMBG 2-the remaining Bn-is at R4 (20 Days NTM), thus allowing them to get back from wherever they are training/get the blokes out of the gaol**

*well, it used to be

** the last maybe flippant :)

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
usually a fancy excuse to keep yet another HQ going, we have quite a lot of them now all fitted for troops but not actually with.

the aim is to reduce the army to 49,998 seniors ranks, 1 private and 1 recruit.

JJWRacing

Old-Salt
It used to be called Lead Parachute Battalion Group (LPBG) and then became Airborne Task Force (ABTF) and now Air Assault Manoeuvre Battle Group it is the sodding same thing, just a staff officer trying to gain points, so don't read anything into names etc. If you do pass out from RMAS, just don't re-invent the wheel for the sake of it. Look back in history first and/or ask bods who have done it, saves so much time and staff work. And it will not make you look a cock when somebody points it out. Which has happen frequently when something is announced, and then you receive an email/phone call saying its been done before/and it was called this or that and stop wasting time.

Whilst continuing to research the Parachute Regiment I note that 3 PARA took over as the Air Manoeuvre Battle Group for 16 AA last week. What exactly does this mean? Is this the very high readiness cycle that a battalion holds for 12 months or am I missing the mark here?

Also does this mean in order to be the “on duty” battalion as part of the UK Global Reaction Force they cannot deploy on any exercises or outside of the UK? I assume 2 PARA go onto a cycle of training and exercises whilst 3 PARA is on Air Manoeuvre BG ?

Thanks in advance. I have a POIC booked and awaiting RMAS start date.

It’s a battle group that manoeuvres, then assaults from the air.

Hope this helps.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Hope this helps.
Reading your description, Were you not part of that battle group for a short while:???:

AMBG 1 is (usually) on R1 (a Coy+ and PP at 48 hrs NTM) and R2 (Bn- plus other support elements at 5 Days NTM*.

AMBG 2-the remaining Bn-is at R4 (20 Days NTM), thus allowing them to get back from wherever they are training/get the blokes out of the gaol**

*well, it used to be

** the last maybe flippant :)
PP ?

Hope this helps.
Do you think you should be posting such sensitive information on a public forum to a Russian troll, AKA CrestedViper?