What IS that thing on her head?

I saw this in our local rag. I take it that people are no longer just satisfied with having shaped berets that resemble flat caps, but have moved on to the next stage and started shaping twat hats to ridiculous proportions too?

....but then I noticed that this Cpl is TA so it probably wouldn't be noticed...

Still, good on her for getting a gong

Army Reserve receives her Operational Medal
Anna was presented with the Jubilee medal at a ceremony held in Epsom Surrey as her Squadron took part in the Armed Forces Celebrations at the weekend.

Anna has been a member of the TA for 5 years and she is trained as a Georgraphic Technician, she returned from deployment to Afghanistan where she worked with 42 Engineer Regiment working in the Geographical Cell on Camp Leatherneck with the US Marine Corps from June to December 2011.

Picture of Corporal Anna Walmsley (27) who lives in Central Reading, she is a member of 135 Independent Georgraphical Squadron Royal Engineers based at Hermitage. They also have locations in Southampton and Ewell in Surrey.

Anna who was proud to receive her medal said, “I’ve always been good at maps and navigation, and I wanted to get away from civilian life.” Explains Anna. “ I studied material sciences at University and I found myself designing sports equipment but I wanted something else.

“I volunteered for deployment because I really wanted to go.” Adds Anna who in civilian life works as a Materials Scientist within the Defence Industry. “ Of course the risks are there, and it’s always at the back of your mind, but you don’t talk about it.
“It was simply eye opening for me driving through the areas in Afghanistan. I wouldn’t say I was really scared, but it does make you think.
South East RFCA> Army Reserve receives medal Presentation

Bloody odd looking QDJM.

Female pattern SD caps have only been in use for the past sixty odd years, so it's easy to understand why the OP didn't recognise it for what it is.

That's her No 1 Head dress cap ! That's how it is , it's not "shaped" by her it's made like that .
I don't think it was 'shaped' like that in the factory. She must have put it in her pocket on the way to the parade.

That said, don't the Rifles routinely shape their twat hats, and I know of a few others in various units who have a thing for folding down the top at the sides.

And, of course, let's not forget the 'slashed peak' phenominon.

Isn't she wearing the wrong shirt? Do females wear the male coloured shirt now, or do they still wear the old cream coloured one for females?

It's high time they were binned in favour of berets - Guards excepted.

I believe it was de rigeur and a way to distinguish veteran from crow as far back as world war 2 (and possibly further) to have all manner of peaked forage style caps shaped. IIRC the USAAF called it the 25 mission crush.

Has she the wrong cap badge? It doesn't appear to match her 2s
Think before you post! This level of ignorance is as bad as the mong who started the thread in the first place - shaped No1 Dress Hat my arrse. Get some ******* service in before you expound on esoteric military matters. Grrrr

Lots of regiments have cap badges that differ from the collar dog, in fact, having a quick head-scratch, it is probably the norm.

If the poor kid was going to be picked up for anything, it would be for her extremely idle hair.

Think before you post! This level of ignorance is as bad as the mong who started the thread in the first place - shaped No1 Dress Hat my arrse. Get some ******* service in before you expound on esoteric military matters. Grrrr

Lots of regiments have cap badges that differ from the collar dog, in fact, having a quick head-scratch, it is probably the norm.

If the poor kid was going to be picked up for anything, it would be for her extremely idle hair.
FFS calm down...calm down.

I was just asking, not trying to point something out. I happened to be in a corps that had the same cap badge and collar dogs, and I wasn't that interested in what badges other ******* were wearing.

I saw this in our local rag. I take it that people are no longer just satisfied with having shaped berets that resemble flat caps, but have moved on to the next stage and started shaping twat hats to ridiculous proportions too?

....but then I noticed that this Cpl is TA so it probably wouldn't be noticed...

Still, good on her for getting a gong
OP - Outrage epic fail!

I'm afraid that you are sat alone on the bus with everybody just pointing and laughing. :)

And that's the slippery slope. Falling out of her bun one day, untended lady-garden the next, submarine hatch the day after :wink:

FFS calm down...calm down.

I was just asking, not trying to point something out. I happened to be in a corps that had the same cap badge and collar dogs, and I wasn't that interested in what badges other ******* were wearing.
I'm with Cabana on this. In over 13 years I never served in a unit with WRAC on strength, and wouldn't have a scoobie about their headgear or collar dogs.

Anyway. Shaped twat hats should be left to the meisters of the craft. Nobody has done it better.

uboat_u604.jpg

Latest Threads