What is "sniper mentality"?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Excognito, Mar 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Out of idle curiosity, what is a "sniper mentality"?

2. The ability to shoot the wings off a wasp at 2000m, Crawl Through shit to extract yourself, Shit in a Bag and carry it, Eat shit when you get hungry... If Im honest I dont know sorry :D

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Er drink alot, drink some more.three bottles of red and Drink a whole bottle of borovička and then get up in the morning and go to the WO's and Sgts mess and get a pint of Strongbow. (barmaid, antonella was a bit cute) and then cook a Sunday roast. Now thats a sniper mentality, ( well its what my wee baby brother did last weekend) and he was wearing his sniper T-shirt.

Hope that helps.

4. Sneaking around a bar and lifting drinks that don't belong to you whilst remaining undetected.

Same mentality as "mine sweeping"

5. Well apart from one thing, I could do that, but ...

"Sneaking around a bar and lifting drinks that don't belong to you whilst remaining undetected."
    "Er drink alot, drink some more.three bottles of red and Drink a whole bottle of borovička and then get up in the morning and go to the WO's and Sgts mess and get a pint of Strongbow and then cook a Sunday roast. Now thats a sniper mentality"

Probably only after doing the other suggestions (so, it would pay to be wary of the roast :twisted: )

The one exception shooting the wings off a wasp at 2 klicks. Whilst I may possibly have possessed the technical skills to do that, I am a total coward by nature and would normally consider a B-52 bombardment for a threat of that magnitude.

6. Saying you'll look after your mate's wife while he's on a course.

And then porking her.

7. So honesty is an important part of the mentality? after all, I'd have done just what I said I'd do ...

8. Yes honesty and/or the two slightly differing definitions of 'looking after'.

9. According to some chap in the local, sniper mentality is...

Holding a bag open for someone to shit into.
    Studying nav to geek-levels.
    Lying in a muddy puddle for days on end.
    Ambushing the f*** out of people whilst outside the range of the longest ranged weapon they've got.
    Having to make most of your own kit from ripped up sandbags and broken VHS Cassettes.

10. Studying nav to geek-levels. - I was the geek that other geeks aspired to (and one of the many reasons I would never have made an infantry 2nd Lt - a subltern who could read a map would undermine everything NCOs hold dear in an officer and send shock waves through the ranks)
    Lying in a muddy puddle for days on end. - That I can do, esp after a good "session" :D
    Ambushing the f*** out of people whilst outside the range of the longest ranged weapon they've got. - oh yes, definitely my preferred option. :twisted:
    Having to make most of your own kit from ripped up sandbags and broken VHS Cassettes. - pretty normal for a systems engineer faced with things that don't work and no spares.

Holding a bag open for someone to s*** into. - Failed
    :(

11. Impeccable dress sense, allegedly.

12. I think I know him! Name begun with J by any chance or are they all like that?

13. not washing for a week even when given plenty of hints and in barracks.
    or wash that just bipend in his younger days? :twisted:

14. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Nope his name begins with A, so I guess they are all alike :)