what is QR 1975 PARA 9.414

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by dean2514, May 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. COULD ANY ONE TELL ME WHAT QR 1975 PARA 9.414 IS ON A DISCHARGE PAPER
    CHEERS DEAN

2. 9.414. Services no longer required.
    (Note: This paragraph is to be used as authority for the discharge of a soldier who cannot or should not be transferred to
    the Reserve, or discharged, under any other paragraph.)

Link:

QRs 1975

3. Depends a little on discharge date, Fifth_Columnist. If it was before 2003 then the note is a little more specific:

Attached Files:

5. It is also used for Drug Discharges. If a soldier failes CDT then on his 130A AQpplication for Discharge it will be shown as Para 9.414, SNLR'

6. Yes, I know - which is why I put the link up to QRs on line - the actual para is about 2 pages long!

7. You rang??

What exactly would you like to know?

8. Could you re-join the army after being discharged in this way???

9. You were considered a waste of fresh air when you were in why would they want you back?

10. What the fu.k would you know?? Im asking a question

11. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

If you're discharged as SNLR, and you cannot or should not be transferred to the Reserve, why would the Army want to take you back?

12. Because times change? for example shirt-lifters and carpet-lickers were discharged in this way till Nu Labour scum made it "respectable".
    Now it is practically mandatory

13. So you think you've found an opening?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Not true, I was discharged under this paragraph with a side note from my CO that he would happily accept and support my application to re-join when my compassionate issues at home had been resolved, without the need to undertake Phase 1 training.

How i wish I had takenhim up on that kind offer.