What is it?

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Soldier_Why, Dec 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Soldier_Why

    Soldier_Why LE Moderator

  2. LancePrivateJones

    LancePrivateJones LE Book Reviewer

    I don't think it is military.

    Might it be something 'clubbish' like the Masons or Buffs to be attached to a club medal or badge signifying years done in full membership or officer status within the 'club'?
  3. Soldier_Why

    Soldier_Why LE Moderator

    Thought that myself. Too long for National Service surely? Definitely not the Masons but perhaps some other club like you say?

    Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  4. Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  5. LancePrivateJones

    LancePrivateJones LE Book Reviewer

    I have been wracking my brains trying to remember where I have seen something of this type before.

    For some reason I keep coming back to an official of a Working Men's Club.

    Looks very familiar and most definitely civvy.

    Could it be anything to do with shooting sports?
  6. Looks like the bars the Americans award for their trade and skills badges (rifle/pistol/mechanic wheeled/tracked etc). Probably not military but possibly American.
  7. I've seen similar things on flea market stalls. Must have been a fairly standard thing from the enamel badge makers. This is from Google:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. You beat me to it. I used to go and watch the speedway as a lad at Cradley Heath. Everyone had their club badge with these "year" bars under them.