What is it with Israel?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Alsacien, May 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

They seem happy to stick two fingers up to world opinion, "not recognise" UN resolutions against them, now apparently even their benefactor the USA is getting ignored:

Could it be that they do not want a peacetime scenario?
    In Moshe Dayan's autobiography he states that he thinks Israel only works as a country in "wartime", but to achieve greatness as a nation they must also do it in peacetime.
    Time has moved on, but could it reflect current political views?
    I cannot help thinking that a quick reduction in the supply of spare parts by the USA for all their nice military toys would snap them quickly into line - but the tail wags the dog.

Bigots and racists need not respond.
  2. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Israel always does what it wants, sticks its fingers up to world opinion, relies on the Jewish lobby to badger the U.S. (Democrats most of the time) for free money, then wonders why everyone thinks they are pig - headed war - mongers andl their neighbours despise them ever more vehemently.
  3. On the plus side they can always be relied on to hand out a thorough shoeing to those pesky religion of peace types now and again. :)
  4. Command_doh

And thus generating more global hatred (from the Ummah) for themselves, the U.S. and us (by proxy of our 'special relationship' with the septics) and making the world a less safer place.
  5. Your post count is 1157.
  6. Militarily they can learn to beat the enemies that they are faced with, strategically they are moronic. They cannot seem to seem how they are destroying their reputation. They are constantly led by the lunatic fringe. The only reason that they've gotten away with it for so long is that their enemies have been so divided.
  7. With their situation (surrounded by enemies) I don't think they really care about their reputation, they just want to stick the boot in.
  8. What enemies would these be then?

It's 2009 not 1969
  9. Well, what about the Spanish inquisition?
  10. Hamas, who refuse to stop the rocket attacks. Hezbollah who 'haven't gone away'. The Iranian government, who do not wish Israel to exist and far too many Islamic fundamentalists in all sorts of countries.

I don't tar the Islamic nation in the same way some on here do but there are some people and organisations out there that are actively seeking Israels demise.
  11. The fact is that the Israelis are directly responsible for the growth of these organisations, but they've been able to play the "victim" card for 60 years. If they'd stuck to the areas of Palestine allotted to them in the 1948 UN resolution, all this would never have come to pass. But they wanted to fulfill some ridiculous Zionist dream/prophecy and so they took the lot.

What I always wonder is what their aim is. As long as they (the Israelis) remain intransigent on the point of a two-nation solution, nothing will change. But how long do they propose carrying on like that? In the meantime, it's become more than clear that the rest of the world is losing it's patience with the continuing barbaric treatment and indiscriminate murder of Palestinians. So at some point, something's got to give.

12. Command_doh

Point being?
  13. 2 militias and a misquote does not equal surrounded does it.

Could you point out which of these entities is capable of Israel's 'demise' ?
  14. 6 million dead from WW2 is a good reason to make sure that doesn't happen again!

I don't blame the Israeli's.