What is it about Estate Agents?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Sep 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Located on the Dungeness National Nature Reserve is this exceptional detached fishermans cottage set in approx. half and acre. The property offers three bedrooms, two receptions, loft room, conservatory, kitchen and bathroom. There is a garage and off road parking. This is a property not to be missed!"

Attached Files:

2. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Can save on electricity. When one glows in the dark lights are superflouous
  3. Ideal for terrorist who likes to be close to their work
  4. It appears to have a massive garage/workshop in the back garden.
  5. What is it about Estate Agents? They're all wide boy, lying, grabbing cnuts!
  6. I rather like it. What's that grubby little white building in front of it?
  7. It's not standing IN half an acre, it's standing ON half an acre of loose gravel.

Try not to worry about the big building behind it. Dungeness "A" nuclear power station closed down some time ago and is being decommissioned.

Worry instead about the one you can't see behind it - Dungeness "B" - that's fully operational...

...and the proposed Dungeness "C"...
  8. Ha ha! I hate reading estate agent drivel... according to them every house is an opportunity not to be missed, and all rooms are 'of a good size', whatever that means.

I don't believe a solitary word they say/write.
  9. I may just have a job for you...... :wink:
  10. And only £247k, it's a snip.
    Wonder how many "real" offers they have had!
  11. Not all :roll: :oops: .... but far too many that's for sure. Just for the record guys, IMO this agent is probably in breach of the Property Misdescriptions Act 1991 wherby a property can be misdecsribed by omission (which includes photographs). If people want to get rid of the wide boys/ girls, then complain. The reason we (yes, that what my civvy job is) have so many cowboys is because far too few people complain and far too many choose the cheapest agent who promises the highest price rather than looking for an agent whose gone to the bother of getting qualifications and joined a professional body.

(awaits the inevitable incoming) :wink:

Edited once for mong spelling
  12. Incoming indeed. Did you happen to be an estate agent in Cornwall in the 90's?
  13. And still am.... have you just joined the regulars....Sir? :wink:
  14. Don't get me started on those pointy headed Kernow fukcers whingeing about how they can't buy a house because the 2nd Homers are moving in. The 'Estate Agents' actively encouraged the locals to sell up for, a not inconsiderable, sum. If you want incoming, lets have the property spiv take on things.
  15. Believe you me, they took no encouragment! In the twenty plus years I have been doing this job, I have only had ONE customer who refused a higher offer from an out of County buyer/ refused to sell to a non local (however you define that). Furthermore, if I had a pound for every customer who has asked "do we advertise out of the County-because thats where the real money is" I would have retired from this a long time ago. For the record, I hate the sharp suited two faced t0sser brigade as much as any on here :evil: