What is Dave frightened Of?

I think the answer must be Farage, it cant be Clegg, and I think he could sort out Milly....but Fage, I believe would have him on the ropes as well as the other two chancers..

Daz

LE
Bees. He's afraid of bees.

Uhmmmm, hide before Jarrod gets to you for not using the search function ... already discussed here http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/farage-the-morons-messiah.221981/page-140#post-6201288

The subject of televised debates is surely worthy of a separate thread- anyway, it's not all about Farage:
It's obvious that Cameron has much to lose and little to gain from these debates. Miliband has nothing to lose, Clegg has fond memories of how he fared in them last time and Farage, he seems to think- with some justification- that in his case, no publicity is bad publicity.
Paddy Ashdown was wibbling on about Cameron 'holding democracy to ransom', what a load of bollocks. These televised debates have only been going a few years, they've got nothing to do with democracy and everything to do with having leaders who look good on the telly. The most televisual leader we've ever had was Tony Blair...
I also heard Miliband say that the TV people picked who would appear, not the PM. Really? If it wasn't important they wouldn't be making such a fuss about it... and as it obviously is that important, why does he think TV people should dictate who takes part?

I cannot think of a more boring evening on TV, if the only entertainment is these scrotes arguing together about their LibLabCon policies (which frankly are much the same) it is a sign of utter suicidal boredom on the part of the viewer. I would sooner spend the evening gnawing my foot off rather than watching this bunch of utter C***s, Farage included.

The election campaign started last week, and frankly its bored the t*ts off me already.

They can debate all they like and they can campaign until the cows come home, it will make not one jot of difference to me and how I will vote, as I'm sick to the back teeth of the Torys, Labour and the Liberal load of idiots. My mind is already made up.

They can debate all they like and they can campaign until the cows come home, it will make not one jot of difference to me and how I will vote, as I'm sick to the back teeth of the Torys, Labour and the Liberal load of idiots. My mind is already made up.

That also accurately reflects the feeling in the Balbof household. Mrs B switches the telly off whenever there's a party political broadcast.

Sadly, the reaction of most of us to political 'debate' is akin to the level of interest in a heated discussion between opposing factions of the WI 'best decorated teapot' society*. And whose fault is that? The hermetically sealed bubble of Westminster, not the public.

*No teapots were harmed in the posting of this comment

philc

LE
The subject of televised debates is surely worthy of a separate thread- anyway, it's not all about Farage:
It's obvious that Cameron has much to lose and little to gain from these debates. Miliband has nothing to lose, Clegg has fond memories of how he fared in them last time and Farage, he seems to think- with some justification- that in his case, no publicity is bad publicity.
Paddy Ashdown was wibbling on about Cameron 'holding democracy to ransom', what a load of bollocks. These televised debates have only been going a few years, they've got nothing to do with democracy and everything to do with having leaders who look good on the telly. The most televisual leader we've ever had was Tony Blair...
I also heard Miliband say that the TV people picked who would appear, not the PM. Really? If it wasn't important they wouldn't be making such a fuss about it... and as it obviously is that important, why does he think TV people should dictate who takes part?

Miliband has a lot to lose if Dave gets the Greens in one of the debates, that's what Cameron wants, the Greens take votes of Labour and Miliband wants UKIP up there to take votes of the Tories. It's not policies but the lose of votes to other parties that worries both the Tories and Labour.

Meanwhile the Libdems just want to be invited, it's their last TV appearance for many a year.

I think the answer must be Farage, it cant be Clegg, and I think he could sort out Milly....but Fage, I believe would have him on the ropes as well as the other two chancers..

It's hardly a national secret, the Tories are concerned about losing votes to UKIP on the Right and so want the Greens there to nick some on the Left from the Liberal Democrats and Labour. Basic politics really.

Sadly, the reaction of most of us to political 'debate' is akin to the level of interest in a heated discussion between opposing factions of the WI 'best decorated teapot' society*. And whose fault is that? The hermetically sealed bubble of Westminster, not the public.

*No teapots were harmed in the posting of this comment

I think that is changing, it certainly did recently in Scotland and the fact that many UKIP supporters have never voted before or belonged to a political party seems to indicate that voter apathy might be coming less.

Cameron best act quick. I think he is looking weak and bleeding votes by the day.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The media could line up four empty chairs and get as many questions answered as they would from politicians.

I wouldn't say any of the party leaders strike me as 'strong'.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Farange by far the strongest. But easy to throw stones outside a glass house.

Cameron is generally the strongest in pubblic presentation and speeches. Like others have said in other threads, he can easily cave in if it's not scripted or controlled.

I am speaking about presentational leadership rather than being a true leader

I wouldn't say any of the party leaders strike me as 'strong'.

Quite agree, but Cameron is the PM and has shown weakness too often.

alib

LE
I think Dave is right, you let the UKIP policeman appear then the Greens have to at least have a bit part as the alligator. It's like having Rod Hull on Parkinson without Emu.

Myself I'd have the SNP as a finale as well, that Sturgeon bissum would make mince of the lot of them, what are they afraid of?

Quite agree, but Cameron is the PM and has shown weakness too often.

Have always wondered if Davis would have done better. The 2010 election really was a shit, shitter, shitest choice out of Cameron, Brown and Clegg.

Latest Threads