what is better

Discussion in 'RAC' started by tomhead69, Apr 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi i whant to be in the rac and i dont know what to be in the recon or in a mbt i whant to be in the action rather than sit at camp all day wasting all your training cheers if this sounds stupid i am only 15
  2. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Lesson number one (you can have the benefit of the doubt cos yer only young): Septics use the term Recon in their adulterated version of the well-known fundamental dichotomy that is US English.

In English, the correct term is Recce. But, like I said, I'll make allowances in this case. ;o)

WRT the answer to your question. Recce. Simple as.
  3. Let's hope he understands your Serbo-Croat then. Bonny lad. ;)
  4. Thats ok....but i'm with the AA.

coat....... :wink:
  5. I spent many years on both MBT and CVRT(T), go for the latter young lad and enjoy life.
  6. AlienFTM

It's called Pitmatic, Bonny Lad.

Leave my servo scrote out of it.

Mind he might have trouble understanding me croak. I attended my home/away football match of the season on Monday when me team travelled 300 miles to play and I travelled 3 miles to see them. And now we're gonna win the league. And me throat hurts. But being sat smug in an office surrounded by hundreds of miserable locals is worth the sore throat from singing me heart out for the Lads.
  7. You cant bloody sing.
  8. AlienFTM

That's what I just wrote, yer daft twaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Me voice has gone. FFS keep up in the cheap seats.

9. Cheap seats be dammed, lol, cheecky twwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.
  10. Most armoured regiments have MBT squadrons and a Recce troop apart from the the pure recce regiments. If you join an armoured regiment you will for sure serve on both vehicles at some point. Find out what regiment recruits from your area & that will help you in your final decision. Whatever you go for you will find that all armoured regiments are multi role these days and are called upon to do many jobs that are far removed from being on panzers.
  11. I'd just like to add, I don't give a gnats left testicolo what anyone joins I just love datumheads Avatar - I would certainly 'Avat er'.!!! She'd really get it!!!! Oh dear, another RAC Thread degenerating into......................
  12. Don't be fooled Arthur, , imagine it after a slice of wedding cake. 6 stone heavier, moustache, blotchy leg cream rubbed on everynight, camel breath in the morning.

Ron Hill jogging bottoms on with white stilleto's, whacking f*ck out of 4 kids while smerking a tab and bollocking a passing German.

( i appologise if i have described anyones wife here in BAOR in the '80's )
  13. Grinner
    Thanks mate, all my illusions crushed in an instant, hang the feck on..............................................I was married to that bihatch for four years in Paderborn......NAZI scum....that hairy you could file yer toenails on her legs...........lucky then that, as corps reserve, the 3rd spent absolutely feckin months in the field.........................oh shite that's where I met her............on FTX!!!! "Full ahead both Cox'n......steer clear of that fcukin whale" Sods law I dropped my tttttwwwwaaaattttttiiing anchor!!!!!!!!!
  14. Get with it VTT! Most armoured regiments in addition to thier Recce Troop, now proudly own a Medium Armour squadron as well, equipped with Scimitar. Best of both worlds albeit they are not used in the recce role!

So Grinner what was the difference between an elephant and an army wife (circa 1980)?

You'd never see an elephant wearing 'Ron Hills' in the NAAFI!!! :D
  15. Thanks for the update on what we have. But always bear in mind when replying to a question or teaching someone who know's nothing about about panzers. And that is to keep the answer simple so that they will understand it. So the lad wants to serve on a big panzer or a little panzer, so if he joins our lot, he's bound to get to do time on both & a few other types no doubt :D