What is best way to claim Injury Compensation

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by ICShiiteJobs, Nov 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Just wanted to ask some advice and hopefully someone will point the right direction..

    If one wants to put in a claim for compensation due to an injury suffered whilst in the Army, what is the best and most efficient procedure?

    The British Legion has a procedure, but as I eluded to, I'm really looking for a simple and efficient method...

    many thanks.

  2. Going to the Royal British Legion is a simple and efficient method and their advice is free of charge.
  3. Look on the Veterans page links to how to claim for all types of injury.
  4. oldbaldy

    oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

    Give the claims Dept a bell on:
    (0207 973 7235/7331
  5. First-class advice. You can also click on the Charities and Welfare Forum banner to obtain further information and access the RBL by e-mail.

    There are 2 types of compensation.

    1. Army compensation administered by the SPVA. You qualify under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) if you sustained an injury whilst on duty after 5 April 2005. You have 5 years from the date of the injury within which to make application. If you sustained the injury before 6 April 2005, the AFCS does not apply and you would be entitled to a War Disability Pension (WDP) instead.

    2. Civil compensation. This is different altogether and should not be confused with 1. above. If you sustained an injury through the negligence of the Army, you may be able to recover damages if you make a claim within 3 years of the date of the injury (or from the date of knowledge of the injury, if later). This is done through the Courts and any money received by way of a civil claim should be in addition to the WDP Scheme/AFCS above.

    The RBL can assist you with both types of compensation, whereas the SPVA has no duty to advise you of any entitlement to civil compensation.
  6. IS Ski Geek

    IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

    Iused the AFCS. Extremely simple and very quick. Had my money within a matter of 4-6 weeks.
  7. If the Army was responsible for your injury through its negligence, you can go through the AFCS AND make a civil claim.