What is Arrse?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mattb, Jun 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst learning how to do charts on Excel this morning, I needed some source data... so I decided to work out what Arrse was actually made up of.

Did I miss anything?

Attached Files:

2. You missed 1%.....Boring cunts doing statistics and charts

• Like Like x 5
  3. Mr Random makes up 1.9% of everything on Arrse?

He's a busy boy ain't he?

4. I did think of that straight after I posted it - but I felt that random shite would probably cover most of what I write.

5. And where the F'ck are "Tropper's Whoppers"

• Like Like x 1
  6. You missed out random nutters, trolls, obsessives and stalkers.

You also failed to mention dull civvy cunts, desperate fat lasses and deranged meths drinkers.

The angry, ill informed and politically extreme probably fall into other existing categries.

There is also a small minority of erudite and interesting posters who contribute reasoned debate, informed opinion and good advice. Their posts are invariably worth reading and I have learned a lot from them. Alongside the wise, there are still some genuinely funny individuals. A few of the threads on here are hilarious and I (literally) haven't laughed so hard since I was wearing DPM.

The wise and the funny probably account for about 2% of the Arrse bandwidth......

7. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

There seem to be a few other categories missing. What about increasingly improbable Falklands-related scenarios, the need for carrier aviation, why the RAF should be disbanded, why the RAF Regiment should be disbanded, bone questions about recruitment (with specific reference to the need for a private income), ritual cyberspace dismemberment of any poster even slightly left of centre and, finally, lunatic postings from internet stalkers, monomaniacs and the clinically insane (the recent Peter Dow effusion)?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sluggy should have her own slice of that pie!

9. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

It seems we think alike Abner Brown - you just think two minutes faster.

10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Defo missing from the list is the STAB v ARAB threads.

Para Regt v the World threads

these will take up most of you pie chart so it will start looking a bit (more) naff.

11. H4H not worth a mention then? (both of them) Auctions and coins etc to raise funds must figure somewhere in this.

12. She cant BIGBIRD ate it all

• Like Like x 1
  13. One thing everyone needs to remember is that 91.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

14. You missed out the real quality piss your self laughing threads. I know it will only be a vanishingly small percentage but they are there and they need recognition.

15. I just think it's sad that we have a disciple of Florence F'cking Nightingale amongst us