What is an Officers Briefing Day?

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Morty, Jun 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, I've been invited to attend an Officers Briefing Day at my local AFCO. I've been told it will comprise of a series of talks and presentations followed by an interview by a serving Officer. I have been informed that the interview is formal. What I would like to know is, is this day what I've heard reffered to as Pre-RCB? Assuming I portray myself in a favourable light, will I be invited to attend an RCB after this?

Apologies is this is a much repeated question, I cannot find it in any of the other threads.
    Cheers chaps.
  2. The officer will be, i'm assuming, you're Army Careers Advisor (Officer) or ACA(O). They will see what they think of you then ask you what you want to do in the Army. They will then organise familiarisation visits to the units you said you'd be interested in. The visits will let the units see what they think of you and what you think of them, then either they will sponsor you to RCB Briefing or the ACA(O) will.
  3. This is NOT 'pre-RCB', which is now called 'RCB Briefing' in any event.

Just go along, ask any questions you may have, and decide whether you want to advance to the next stage, which is looking for sponsors within the Arms and Services. Once you've done that, they will loads you onto RCB Briefing.

Actually, because this is the Army, it may not happen exactly like this, but I'm more or less correct.

Good luck - stick with it.
  4. Excellent. Thats cleared things up, cheers chaps.
  5. No worries mate - the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.