What is an "O2 tag?"

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by westendboy, Jan 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry to be a complete pleb but I see mention of O2 tag quite regularly (esp in the NAAFI for some reason)

What is it?
  2. Try harder.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Sorry to sound like a complete cunt but what is an O2 tag. Pretty please.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. No idea, I'm with Vodafone.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. An o2 Tag is a Northern Ireland Catholic using a Spanish-owned cellular phone network.
    • Like Like x 6
  6. An RF anklet worn by naughty boys and monitored by G4S using a popular mobile phone network

7. Fucking plebeian.
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Noted. Now fuck off.
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Will some MOD 02 tag the OP please :)
  10. It's something that you're nowhere near prolific enough of a cunt to earn.
  11. You are Andrew Mitchell and I claim my £5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. o2 tags are for homos that haven't got the ability to wind up the MODs enough to get banned. Thrice.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. 02-300x200.jpg
    Tag, you're IT :thumright:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

People wonder why they salami-slice the top/middle/bottom third when it comes to redundancies. Well without people like the OP propping the rest of us up, we'd all be finding ourselves lower down in the pecking order of life (apart from the brown noses and richer members of society that is).

So let me extend my appreciation to the OP for reassuring me that for every time I push when the door says "pull", and for every time I go to put my shoe on the wrong foot - it's nice to know that there are lower forms of life out there sitting on a bench that says "wet paint", asking what day of the month we get paid, and stumbling into a forum asking bone questions instead of reading the guides first (where it's all explained in black and white).

Middle third for me this year again please boss, thanks!
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Ok, time for a more serious answer.

The O2 tag is the most illustrious achievement award you can get on arrse, it's a bit like a virtual version of the VC and it's only given out to a select few members for their unwavering popularity and their quality and thoughtful posts.

The O is short for oscheocele, which means 'you're really brilliant'.
    • Like Like x 10