What is Americas problem with Democracy?

#1
They just don't like democratically elected leaders doing things differently. Anyone would think they expected Maliki to be a vassal! :twisted:

From Yahoo


Congressional Democrats voiced alarm on Tuesday over Iraq's denunciation of Israel in the Mideast conflict, and some said Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's upcoming address to Congress should be canceled unless he apologizes
 
#2
castlereagh said:
They just don't like democratically elected leaders doing things differently. Anyone would think they expected Maliki to be a vassal! :twisted:

From Yahoo


Congressional Democrats voiced alarm on Tuesday over Iraq's denunciation of Israel in the Mideast conflict, and some said Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's upcoming address to Congress should be canceled unless he apologizes
Oh but can't you see the fun in this. Since he's the GOP vassal, not the US vassal, the GOP now have to defend him, and by default his comments, to the Democrats - or simply shun him and make the whole Iraqi adventure look even more like a Gilbert and Sullivan production!!!!
 
#3
So the demcratic leader of Iraq is denounceing the democratic goverment of Isreal for attacking the democratic goverment of Lebanon and Iraqi leader is being denouced by democraticly ellected menbers of US congress for denounceing the democratic goverment of Isreals action in Lebanon.

Funny looks like your typical normal democratic systems in action.

Democracy isnt everyone agreeing in fact the power of democracy is that it allows people to disagree with each other without resorting to violence. The problems in Lebanon can be traced to one party of Lebaneze democracy ignoreing one the basic rules of all democratic systems. That rule being that only the state has right to wage war. Hezbolla by starting a war without consent of Lebanons goverment has unraveled the fundamental standards of conduct that make wars between true democracys so rare.
 
#5
Siddar said:
So the demcratic leader of Iraq is denounceing the democratic goverment of Isreal for attacking the democratic goverment of Lebanon and Iraqi leader is being denouced by democraticly ellected menbers of US congress for denounceing the democratic goverment of Isreals action in Lebanon.

Funny looks like your typical normal democratic systems in action.

Democracy isnt everyone agreeing in fact the power of democracy is that it allows people to disagree with each other without resorting to violence. The problems in Lebanon can be traced to one party of Lebaneze democracy ignoreing one the basic rules of all democratic systems. That rule being that only the state has right to wage war. Hezbolla by starting a war without consent of Lebanons goverment has unraveled the fundamental standards of conduct that make wars between true democracys so rare.
Nice try, but unfortunately untrue. The 2nd Amendment US Constitution, for example, can be said to argue for the existence of militias that operate independently of the Federal Government.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no recourse left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual State. In a single State, if the persons entrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.
-- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28
"Whereas civil-rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as military forces, which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms."
-- Tench Coxe, in Remarks on the First Part of the Amendments to the Federal Constitution
I think where you're getting confused is wiith the idea that the state has the monopoly on the legitimate use of force with the borders of the country. There is no such norm regarding the application of force against external targets.


Secondly, under the Westphalian order, there is fcuk-all divided by six to prevent democratic states engaging in war if they perceive that it is in their national interest to do so.

Thirdly, Lebanon is (was) undergoing a process of statebuilding after two decades of undue and disruptive influence and occupation by Syria and Israel. At best, they've had about a year to try and get their house in order- which isn't a huge amount of time. We are too quick to forget that it took many countries centuries to become modern democracies. To expect a weakened and imporverished country like Lebanon to get its house in order so quickly is, quite frankly, ridiculous.
 
#6
Siddar said:
So the demcratic leader of Iraq is denounceing the democratic goverment of Isreal for attacking the democratic goverment of Lebanon and Iraqi leader is being denouced by democraticly ellected menbers of US congress for denounceing the democratic goverment of Isreals action in Lebanon.

Funny looks like your typical normal democratic systems in action.
:D Lovely!
 
#7
Notice how it's the Democratic party attacking Maliki. That's just lovely :roll:
 
#8
While i have no problems with the Yanks, they do have an anoying habit of not liking anyone who doesn't agree with them!!
Maybe thats why BLiar is sucking up to the Shaved Chimp, so that they dont invade us!!
 
#9
cunning plan by the democrats to make the shaved chimp and his followers look more stupid than usual nicely done
 
#10
crabtastic said:
Nice try, but unfortunately untrue. The 2nd Amendment US Constitution, for example, can be said to argue for the existence of militias that operate independently of the Federal Government.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
The spams have always stood out from the crowd though :wink:
 
#11
Note the well regulated militia .Not the bunch of over weight dodgy types I met on a range in florida in 94 .At least our walts only get toy guns .USA democracy = DO AS WE SAY . As the denizens of iran chile gutemala etc found out . :D
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads