What is a vet?

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Chief_Joseph, Nov 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In UK a vet is someone who treats sick animals.

It is an interesting difference between Septics and Brits that they find that kind of cloying, sentimental pap "wunnerful" whereas we regard it as embarassing drivel.

(This is not a criticism, merely an observation)

2. In UK a vet is someone who treats sick animals.

It is an interesting difference between Septics and Brits that they find that kind of cloying, sentimental pap "wunnerful" whereas we regard it as embarassing drivel.

(This is not a criticism, merely an observation)

3. If you look, that's not a septic, as he has a poppy. This was posted for the occasion of Rememberance

4. The picture might be of a Brit but the words are definetely 'merkin.

Sounds like "embarassing drivel" to me as well.

5. True story

My wife (from NI) went to Washington with a friend from ROI and saw the Vietnam memorial, the Southern Irish friend then commented on beggers with signs claiming to be an "unemployed vet" that she was suprised to see so many unemployed vets and thought that, considering its such a hard qualification, that a vet would get a job easily, especially with the shortage of vets in the UK

She wasn't joking

6. Brit? Septic? What say we split the difference and say he’s Canadian. Agree on the treacle prose BTW. Re the poppy, sorry to disillusion any, but the septics and the froggies were wearing them before the pommes 8O. Thanks for the smile welly :thumright: .

No.9

7. I got my discharge paperwork on wednesday, and with the paperwork was an application for a veterans badge, so it seems that the Army is going the way of the septics :D

8. sheldrake

sheldrake RIP

Nope, it's Canuck drivel - nearly, but not quite, as bad.