What is a Squaddie?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by no1cares, Oct 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I’d rather play with my todger than a deck of cards

2. Thats why you aren't a squaddie

3. Thank fek for that :D
    Squaddies sound like a right bunch of gimps by that discription.

Anyone for a game of snap?

4. I'm up, as long as it is your civvy neck.

5. a squaddie is what is left when
    squad a
    squad b
    squad c
    and squad d
    are amalgamated

6. I got one of them what is a squaddie plaques with the verse on in my younger niggy days from a PRI.:oops:

It has an image of a squaddie in uniform sat on an old issue Army suitcase smoking a tab reading a copy of Playboy (I think it was Playboy anyway.)

A good verse. :wink:

7. That's me feked then 8O

8. Here you go:

What is a Squaddie?

Between the security of childhood and the senility of old age is found that fascinating group of humanity called " Squaddies"

A Squaddie can be found anywhere, in love, in bars, in trouble and always in debt.

Girls love them, Towns tolerate them, Hotels hide them, and Governments support them.

A Squaddie is:-- Laziness with a pack of cards, Bravery with a tattoo, Ruggedness in uniform and defender of the world with a copy of Playboy.

He has the brains of a bear, Tte energy of a sea turtle, the slyness of a fox, the stories of a sea captain, the sincerity of a liar, the aspirations of a Casanova, and a desire for people to be free.

His interest's are:-- Girls, Females, Women and any other members of the opposite sex.

He likes:-- Beer, Booze, Plonk and ale, leave passes and an " Excused all duties" chit.

He spends his money on:-- Girls, beer, cards -and any that he has left he likes to spend foolishly

No one else could cram into one pocket: Food for 24 hours, A packet of crushed cigarettes, A box of matches, A picture of his girl, Receipts for lost equipment, A deck of cards and an old leave pass

That is a SQUADDIE!

9. Cheesier than a direct hit on the Kraft factory near Fallingbostel. It is cringeworthy in the extreme. I bet anyone who has one of these cr@ppy things on their wall, also has a "Round Tuit" and a collection of Flying Upland Geese.

10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Sounds like a recruiting poster for 49 Para 8)

11. Gents

I wondered where that plaque that used to hang in the gents of the Squirrel and Truncheon went to. We've been trying to get rid of it for years.

To whoever stole it, a big thank you from 49 Para.

St John Walter (Corporal Retired)
    Walter House
    Walt-on-Thames
    England