What is a military personality?

I keep hearing the phrase tossed about that some ex forces cfavs still have a "military personality/mindset" and "military humour" can someone explain what this is?

Nope.

anglo

LE
Being in the forces gives you a thing called "black humour" all forces/exforces have it

"humor that deals with unpleasant aspects of life in a bitter or ironic way"

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I keep hearing the phrase tossed about that some ex forces cfavs still have a "military personality/mindset" and "military humour" can someone explain what this is?

Just thinking ahead, what size boots do you wear?

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer

No.4 Mk.1

On ROPS
On ROPs
Being in the forces gives you a thing called "black humour" all forces/exforces have it

"humor that deals with unpleasant aspects of life in a bitter or ironic way"
This is covered in training - one favourite comedy routine that can be applied to so many situations is the old 'on the bus, of the bus' skit - usually a double act.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

Slime

LE
a richard pryor dvd box set ?

I dont know if the box set would help, the thing with this black humour is that we dont talk about it, hence the well known phrase "see no evil hear no evil"

Slime

LE
I've known people who didnt have black humour go stir crazy

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I've known people who didnt have black humour go stir crazy
You should have offered to cut their faces off and dance on their belly button. That always cheers me up.

Slime

LE
You should have offered to cut their faces off and dance on their belly button. That always cheers me up.

If you'd seen my dancing it might not be as appealing. :)

Why do so many people on here get outraged over certain posts then?

Latest Threads