What is a BDR?

#3
Spanish_Dave said:
You asked the question and then answered it
I think she also means what is a bombardier.
 
#5
Lacie said:
Hi all,

Just saw that a BDR is a bombardier, what's this? Is it current or a thing of the past? Army or Royal Marines?

Thanks!
What planet? Bombardier is the Royal Artillery nomenclature for a Corporal. Very old terminology.

Is a Non Commissioned Officer as he was originally rather more skilled that mattrosses and gunners!
 
#6
"Bombardier is the Royal Artillery nomenclature for a Corporal. Very old terminology. "

Thank you. It's just we've found it by someones name on JPA, alongside 79 commando. We're confused with the whole 29/79/148 commando Army/Marines thing anyway.
 
#8
Spanish_Dave said:
If you are on JPA then I assume you are military and should understand rank structures and perhaps units:?
I'm not in the army though and it's quite different to the RN. And units confuse the life out of me. Ships are easier.
 
#9
Lacie said:
"Bombardier is the Royal Artillery nomenclature for a Corporal. Very old terminology. "

Thank you. It's just we've found it by someones name on JPA, alongside 79 commando. We're confused with the whole 29/79/148 commando Army/Marines thing anyway.
Means he is part of the 105mm batteries attatched to 3rd commado brigade.
 
#12
Lacie said:
Spanish_Dave said:
If you are on JPA then I assume you are military and should understand rank structures and perhaps units:?
I'm not in the army though and it's quite different to the RN. And units confuse the life out of me. Ships are easier.
Dont use that as an excuse i'm RNR and know this! lmao
 
#13
instinct said:
Lacie said:
Spanish_Dave said:
If you are on JPA then I assume you are military and should understand rank structures and perhaps units:?
I'm not in the army though and it's quite different to the RN. And units confuse the life out of me. Ships are easier.
Dont use that as an excuse i'm RNR and know this! lmao
I'm a stoker, we don't need to know these things lol!
 
#14
Lacie said:
Hi all,

Just saw that a BDR is a bombardier, what's this? Is it current or a thing of the past? Army or Royal Marines?

Thanks!
A bombardier is a corporal in the artillery, different name, same rank. A lance sergeant is a corporal in the foot guards. Lance corporal of horse=corporal in the horse guards.
 
#19
Lacie looks like a take on L.A.C from the RAF unless I'm mistaken and I usually am...it's an age thing you know ;-)
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GunnersQuadrant Gunners 33
GunnersQuadrant Gunners 38
C Gunners 20

Similar threads

Latest Threads