what intake?

To give everyone a flavour of when we all joined hows about giving the intake/platoon and year of joining, to give added zip to the thread, try and remember an event and a top 10 hit from that period.

i.e.

89c,(Blenheim)

Deal Bombing

Ride on Time, Black Box.(i'm sick of that track)

Heywood_Jablowme said:
To give everyone a flavour of when we all joined hows about giving the intake/platoon and year of joining, to give added zip to the thread, try and remember an event and a top 10 hit from that period.
HJ,

That was so long ago that I can't remember the year, radio had only just been invented and I couldn't afford newspapers. There were wooden huts.... I remember those! And the subsequent BBQ!

Litotes

Nice one :)

Army Apprentice College 78C, Rezillos - Top of the Pops and fighting with some mental N Irish twät in junior company who would not give up despite losing every time he had a go :)

02 Platoon

Heysel

Two Tribes
FGTH

91 B Blenheim

Bryan Adams Everything I do (all fcucking year!!)

Man U winning cup winners cup

39 Plt

I got my head banged so hard off my bedside lamp that I've forgotten everthing that happened that year or was in the charts.......

08 Platoon, 1985.

Live Aid, whilst on adv trg at Gosport. And no they didn't get a f*cking penny from this callsign.

Ex BRAVE DEFENDER.

03 Platoon 1985.

Passing out parade on Corps Weekend. Not worth going home and celebrating.
Getting beat up from the RD Wa*kers as they said I was a proper soldier and they were allowed to. Funny how things worked out for them.
3 months in SEE holding platoon.
Ex Brave Defender.
Sharon from the Brams; top girl.
Provo Cpl getting pasted everytime he went back to scotland.

82B Junior Coy
COH E
C Coy - CSM
NAAFI Bar left hand stool and my name carved in the wood
RSM
28 days over Christmas 82
Rear Party Christmas 83 (Drunk again were we)
AT L/Cpl
AT
AT L/Cpl
AT
SEME

87b Dettingen. Star trekkin by a bunch of gitfaced glove puppets. Maggie wins another election hurrah!

BULLFROG said:
03 Platoon 1985.

Passing out parade on Corps Weekend. Not worth going home and celebrating.
Getting beat up from the RD Wa*kers as they said I was a proper soldier and they were allowed to. Funny how things worked out for them.
3 months in SEE holding platoon.
Ex Brave Defender.
Sharon from the Brams; top girl.
the Provo Cpl getting pasted everytime he went back to scotland.

Delete 03, insert 04.
Boarshead and then boxing outside Maccy d's

pitbull said:
1986. 06 Platoon, changed mid way to Borneo.
Back-squadded more like mate!

As for me '88 Rhine 08- The speccy mongs proclaimers letter to America on that crap juke box at Arborfield, when i supping my coca cola (being under 18! :wink: )

As for memories - getting ripped off with my credits!

Still not as bad as getting sand kicked in my face and my dinner money nicked eh pitbull!

That was so long ago that I can't remember the year, radio had only just been invented and I couldn't afford newspapers. There were wooden huts.... I remember those! And the subsequent BBQ!
Sounds like Jan/Feb 1963 in Carlisle when C Coy spider went up with everyone on the square freezing in Pyjamas and great coats. :)

Burma in 87, the high winds of that year nearly knocking to depot flat, didn't go on the ranges cleared up the garrison of blown trees conveniently in time for bonfire night. the night of pass out, pissed, racing the RD across the parade square in wheel chairs. I seem to remeber T'Pau china in your hand, but its all a drunken blur.