What if......

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Queens_Belfast, Nov 14, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. AS i understand it, and if i'm wrong please correct me, there were 200, 000 L85-A1's upgraded to the L85-A2's over the past few years, with the rest of the old rifles being being stripped for parts or the gas parts taken out and issued to the ACF. What would hapen if the worst really did happen and there was a general war, with conscription re-interduced? where do all the needed rifles come from, surly no more SA80's would be produced, or would they? thanks for any answers.............

2. Most likely use all the SLRs stored.

Look at what the Serria Leone Forces got!

3. This question presumes the Dear Leader would give the conscripts a rifle each.

4. More likely one rifle to five blokes. If a fella with a rifle gets shot, someone without one picks it up and charges on, Stalingrad-style.

Actually, weaponry will not be a problem. There are enough spare LMGs knocking around some of the rougher areas of this country's inner cities to equip a couple of divisions. We'd have to mount a massive op to go in and get them, though, Fallujah-style. I wonder what Hackney would look like then?

5. More likely one rifle to five blokes. If a fella with a rifle gets shot, someone without one picks it up and charges on, Stalingrad-style.

Actually, weaponry will not be a problem. There are enough spare LMGs knocking around some of the rougher areas of this country's inner cities to equip a couple of divisions. We'd have to mount a massive op to go in and get them, though, Fallujah-style. I wonder what Hackney would look like then?

6. Defence planning assumptions assume 5 to 10 years(?) warning of an all out war. Should be enough time to figure out where to get some new guns from.

7. [​IMG]

No real change :roll:

8. You can see my house in that photo! It's just behind the bookie's, on the left.

9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Bereft of table legs......

10. The one with the red light? 8O

11. Not so.

Remember Idi Amin, the Shah etc? They all had a secret stache in Swiss bank accounts for when they had to make a quick exit. I have it on good authority that Dear Leader and The Hoon have squirreled away various items - 90,000 sets of body armour, 15,000 Telic medals and, yes, 100,000 A2s - for a quick sale for when the revolution comes and they are banished to Kabul, via Geneva.

Ever wonder where all those dessies came from in 1990? It was Mrs Thatch having a fit of conscience and getting Bank de Lausanne et Geneve to empty her account.

It's true, honest, it is. Some bloke in the pub told me. :D

12. So basically the MOD believes that there will be pleanty of time before a major conflict to arm a proper sized army.......sounds a bit unplanned to me. Surly the MOD has some plans to produce our own weapons, if the worst did happen i dont think that we would be the only ones looking for some spare guns. Although we could go and buy some of our old SA80's back from the jamicans..to throw at the other side. Another question, has everyone now been equiped with A2's, or is the process still on going? cheers

13. Use the table legs to flush out the cops and nick their MP5s? Nice one!

14. G36's or Steyr AUG's