What if Hitler survived the war and was put on trial

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by thefootman, Aug 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been watching a TV programme about the Nuremburg trials with the NAZI’S. I was just wondering what everyone else’s opinion on world history might have changed if he survived and was put on trial. Would Hitler in any way at all been able to justify any of the war crime but more shocking would anyone have been convinced. He obviously had a public speaking quality and would this have influenced any of the members of the trial. I in no way support any of the actions of the NAZI party and do not wish to cause upset or cause any more hatred in this matter it is simply a question of “what would have happened if Hitler was caught alive”
    Simply only a matter of curiosity and not one for any pro neo Nazi to add to any un just comments.

2. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

He would do the Tyburn Jig just like Sadman Insane.

3. He'd probably got an ASBO

4. Would he have been kept alive by the Russians a as trophey or would it have esculated that all the three main powers America Russia and Great Britian have fought to get him first.

5. I suppose it would depend on whether the coalition forces discovered any traces of Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Oh, hang on. No, it wouldn't make any difference, would it.

I think I'm getting a bit confused.

Coming to senses now....

If he managed to hide out until present times (and survive old age - he'd be 118 now, or thereabouts), he'd probably be made an MP. Or get the Nobel Peace Prize. That's what usually seems to happen. Saddam was an exception.

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Luckily - the Wide Mouthed Frog was not around to protect Hitler's "Human Rights". Hitler did one thing right and that was shooting himself.

7. Apparently a team of journalists found him living in the Amazon jungle in the 1950s. The interviewer asked him if he was thinking of making a come-back.

"Ja", he said, "but zis time, no more Mr Nice Guy."

8. He'd have convinced me.

Though i am a gullible cunt! :lol:

9. The Nuremberg Trials were obviously not a 'fair trial' in the true sense of the definition as we would understand it today. It was a show trial made up of selected key Nazis. To a certain degree, the main players fate had already been decided and sealed.

Hitler would never have got away with his neck..end of pretty much. Even on the very slim chance that he did, I'm sure the Russians would have ensured he moved into their 'custody' and would have had a very long trip to a short welcoming party way out East.

10. H.Q. Afrika Korps - Tunis Jan. 1943

Smell of German Ersatz Eggs, Sausages and Marlene Dietririch.

A phone rings. General Stupenagel salutes it, and picks it up.

STUPENAGEL: Speilen !

GOERING: Do you know were von Rommel is ? This is urgent.

STUPENAGEL: General Von Urgent?

GOERING: Don't make wiz zer feck - about ! - vere is Rommel?

STUPENAGEL: He is in zer sh1t house, he was bombed all night.

GOERING: Donner und Blitzen !

STUPENAGEL: He's in zer sh1t - house too.

Scene changes to a German latrine in a Wadi near Shatter - el - Arab

Enter STUPENAGEL.

STUPENAGEL: Rommel, vich one are you in ?

ROMMEL: Number Zeben.

STUPENAGEL: You must go to Tunis at once.

ROMMEL: Let me finish going here first.

STUPENAGEL: Zere is a crisis out zere.

ROMMEL: Zere is a crisis in here; no paper.!

Ach zer Pritish Commandos have struck again.

11. J_W unless I am mistaken the late great Spike Milligan...

12. 'All over, people changing their votes, along with their overcoats, if Aldolf Hitler flew in today, they would send a limosine anyway'

The Clash: (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais 1979?

13. Stills,

You got it - well read that man..!

14. Perhaps he would have said something like this at his trial:

Mind you it didn't help much the first time he used it, so perhaps he would have said something else instead.

T_T

15. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

If Hess was Prisoner No 7, the Adolf would have been No 1! Would have made Spandau an interesting place!