What have you done for the first time today?

DigitalGeek said:
I was dry bummed by the 2I/C
For the first time? Surely not.

I myself breaded and fried my own fish for the first time today.
Bloody lovely it was too.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Wiggled the solenoid switch on the side stand of my bike to loosen it because it was stopping me get the bike into gear. Sprayed it with WD 40 etc

Lurgan_Stoop said:
Root Canal Treatment.

Not really something I'll be trying again in a hurry.
Perhaps the dentist was also doing it the first time?

XxcookiemonsterxX said:
Dressed as a Christmas Tree for a christmas party :)
Do they not have real Christmas trees up your neck of the woods then?

read this thread

I had a civil conversation with a gayer, it only lasted a couple of minutes so i never had a chance to offend him.

T.F.R said:
I had a civil conversation with a gayer, it only lasted a couple of minutes so i never had a chance to offend him.
"How much for a good hard shag?"

:D

Well,Tuesday,I signed on the dole & when some cnut in the queue complained he had'nt worked for over a year I told him to get off his arrse & get a job.
Bit of a cheek on my part but I got £77 to live on today!Cant live on that,my mess bill's due!!!(last July!)
A mate of mines a builder & can offer me casual work,plus I'm thinking of going out on my own doing satalite stuff.

EX_STAB said:
I made rice pudding on the living room fire.... only burnt it slightly!
What else have you made like that? I've always harboured a desire to have ago at it.

My Granny was raised in a thatched cottage and all their food was cooked on an open fire using various pots and skillets. They even baked bread which was cooked all round by shovelling burning chunks of turf (I was going to say coals but I don't think they had that) onto the lid of the pot which was hanging off a crane affair over the fire. I saw a documentary with ISTR Adam Hart-Davies demonstrating how Roman Legionaires used a very similar technique to bake a bread using two metal dishes.

CutLunchCommando said:
EX_STAB said:
I made rice pudding on the living room fire.... only burnt it slightly!
What else have you made like that? I've always harboured a desire to have ago at it.

My Granny was raised in a thatched cottage and all their food was cooked on an open fire using various pots and skillets. They even baked bread which was cooked all round by shovelling burning chunks of turf (I was going to say coals but I don't think they had that) onto the lid of the pot which was hanging off a crane affair over the fire. I saw a documentary with ISTR Adam Hart-Davies demonstrating how Roman Legionaires used a very similar technique to bake a bread using two metal dishes.
Well I've managed to boil a kettle and toast crumpets. Early days though. It's a funny fireplace, halfway between being a hearth and a range. There's a space either side of the firebasket to stand a pot but they're not evenly heated as on a proper range. I shall persevere with it!