WHAT HAVE THEY GOT TO HIDE THEN ?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ALVIN, Feb 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Jack straw has just said that he is to VETO the request for the mins of the iraq war to be relesed in to the public domaine. But guilty people do that sort of thing when they have something to hide dont they ? :!: ----- National securety my ARRSE :!: ----- He knows hes been rumbled and takes the cowards way out, --- Hide behind diploatic imunity :!:

2. And this surprises you?
    Of course they don't want anyone to know the whole story.Cnuts.

3. According to Radio 5, the Gov have stated that "releasing the documents would threaten democracy" - of course, how stupid of me, keeping national decisions of such magnitude as putting the country at war has to remain secret...

4. What are the chances of jail terms/war crimes trials when labour are out of office and the truth comes out?

:?

Rodney2q

5. No chance at all.
    Apparently the Tories support Straw in his retention of these documents.
    See here : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7907991.stm

6. I served out there in 2004 and believe now as I did then that the decision was correct to invade.......how we managed the "peace" is another question....

However there is no excuse not to release the details as to how the decision came about....bad day for democracy and another example of how in bed the Tories and NuLabour are......for god sake you shower show some balls...is there no one out there who is going to speak for us or do we have to do it ourselves ...............................................and breath :evil: :evil: :evil:

7. Just what the f*ck are the Tories doing supporting this veto?

What have they to fear? Except spineless collusion and a mental block.

My Tory MP, I am a member of the Conservative Party, gets my letter of enquiry and protest tomorrow.

8. What stood behind their "spineless collusion and a mental block"?..

9. As Sir Humphry Appleby once said...

"The official secrets act isn´t for protecting secrets... it´s for protecting officials...."

10. Well you could ask Dr Kelly or Robin Cook....... oh wait perhaps not.

11. How dare you question the integrity of Comrade Straw?

:roll:

12. Democrecy-, Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives, DER don't get it. Straw works for us, we don't work for him YET

13. "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear." Where have I heard that before, Mr Straw?

14. Rephrasing Edward Dowling, -- The two greatest obstacles to democracy ... are, first, the widespread delusion among the populace that we have a democracy, and second, the chronic terror among those in power, lest we get it.

15. Would the conservative party be more afraid of the minutes during maggies dictatorship in 1982 being released?